Anti-abortionists

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Just to add a twist to the "what if" argument, Stephen Hawking should have died 45 years ago.

Whoever said that it's a fetus & doesn't feel...that may be true for a few weeks but don't tell me a 16+week can't feel, quit lying to yourself. If that fetus were born prematurely, it would most certainly feel.

As of 6PM, it/she/they're still alive.

What do you calll /it/she/them? 2 heads & 2 hearts, 1 body.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I think freak meant when a woman uses is it as the only means of birth control ei having 7 abortion.

if you don't want a child, use the pill condom, etc.

accidents still happen, that is when the big A can become an option.

also due to rape, serious defects, it becomes a factor as well

freako104

paul_valaru said:
I was agreeing with you

I could have phrased it better

my apologies. I was thinking i wasnt clear as to my stand.

Prof I meant that there are better forms such as condoms, birth control pills and the like. abortion shouldnt be used.

Professur

paul_valaru said:
I think freak meant when a woman uses is it as the only means of birth control ei having 7 abortion.

So one dead featus is Ok, but 7 isn't? What's your basis for enforcing that?

if you don't want a child, use the pill condom, etc.

Or keep yer damn knees shut.

accidents still happen, that is when the big A can become an option.

Accidents? Newsflash. Noone ever got pregnant without having sex. Divine intervention not withstanding. And in that case, I think the good Lord's gonna be mighty pissed at an abortion.

also due to rape, serious defects, it becomes a factor as well

Rape again? Alright. Let's make this simple. The woman want's an abortion, based on the baby being forced on her by rape? File charges. That way, if she's caught lying about it, she does jail time for falsifying a police report, and for the abortion. Sound good? If it was truely a rape, she's got nothing to worry about. Not to mention that a whole lot of guys are gonna start thinking twice about casual sex.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I never said I SUPPORT abortion, nor am I pro-death.

I am pro choice, I beleive it is up the the individual to decide fro themselves.

the 7 abortion is a figure I once heard after 7 abortions the uterus is so scarred it can not carry anthing to term again, I meant it as expressing my distaste to people who use it like it's getting a haircut.

Rose

at the risk of being shunned, i'm not 100% certain that adoption is better than abortion. i think i've made it clear that i think abortion should be an absolute last resort, and my reference'd story is one that adoption works out very well. but there's a lot of orphans in the US (and other places) and overcrowding that could be prevented ... coldhearted, but ... :shrug: Just thought I'd throw it on the table.

unclehobart

I am so glad that I steer clear of these abortion threads. Its one of those issues where noones mind will change and knives get drawn.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It as meant as a specific situation thread, not so much as a general ideology. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Get outta bed, pee, get your tea, play KoC & LoL then see that picture in the morning paper & see if it doesn't make ya wanna post something.

unclehobart

Plus... It was listed as a thread only for the anti-abortionists and yet everyone dove in anyway. Its the great internet bar brawl.

MrBishop

Professur said:
Here's an option that should make everyone happy.

All women are entitled to exactly one abortion. But, that abortion involves complete removal of the uterus.

Everyone happy?

Not really because oddly enough, there are medical reasons for abortions, and if you plan on stopping a woman from ever having children again because she happened to have one bad pregnancy that most likely would've taken her life and the life of her child without intervention, then why not just take the big route and cut off the guys balls (you know...the 2nd person involved in fertilizing the ova) while you're at it?

Take this case in particular...
If we had let God/Nature take it's course without medical intervention... the woman would've miscarried or died during childbirth. The cervex is barely large enough to allow one head through...two heads are out of the question. The foetus/child/baby (without the joys of C-Section) could not have exited the vagina..period. It would've died there eventually...perhaps causing hemorageing, perhaps causing the mother's death as well. If the mother survived, she'd still have to have the dead foetus removed.

The C-Section was prompted well before her 40th week of pregnancy. This was most likely because the foetus was under duress because of malformed organs, shared blood volume, heart defects etc... this was done to avoid the nearly ineviteable miscarriage. If, by whatever luck..the foetus survived to term, the C-Section would've been necessary.

Despite all this..the child/children die...why? Because you don't believe in the Guff? Because people who are not theologians are arguing over when the soul enters the foetus?

The mother and father are highly religious...that's obvious from the nearly immediate baptism of the girls...they're so religious that they would never have thought of abortion...they're just not religious enough to have considered another A-word into their decision...Adultery. (Sex before marriage).

tsk tsk

freako104

Rose said:
at the risk of being shunned, i'm not 100% certain that adoption is better than abortion. i think i've made it clear that i think abortion should be an absolute last resort, and my reference'd story is one that adoption works out very well. but there's a lot of orphans in the US (and other places) and overcrowding that could be prevented ... coldhearted, but ... :shrug: Just thought I'd throw it on the table.

I dont totally disagree with you Rose its just I dont like the idea of killing things in general. that is why i wish it was a last resort is all.

AlphaTroll

pROF said:
And she won't have any further kids to pass on her warped opinions about the value of a human life..

That's crap (not to mention hurtful) - so because I don't agree with your POV I should never have children? Pity, I always thought I'd love to have a family of my own some day, was even kinda hoping that I could be a good mother. But hey, if having my own opinions and demanding the freedom to choose how to express them makes me warped then I suppose I'd be a terrible mom........shit, imaging teaching children that's it's OK for them to think for themselves and that they have the right to certain freedoms, as long as they always bear in mind that their choices should be well-informed and the best for them while not purposely causing harm to others. And imagine raising a child to believe that their opinions are valid, but not always correct And the gods forbid wanting to instill in a child the values of respecting other people but not being afraid to question them...........nah, yer right - a pro-choicer like me shouldn't become a mom.....hell, I probably shouldn't even own pets.

sam_fisher

Rose said:
:eyepop: dang Rose. thats IS coldhearted.

but....:ihi:

sam.