Anyone Familiar with Aquariums?

JamesMJ2

I had a hell of a time finding anything on my google searches. Where'd you come up with that link Uncle? I muist have tried ten different phrases, didn't come up with anything useful or legal!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I took the kids to a fishie store for a look, and came home with tank, all the gear, and oscars :blank:

resistance is futile! :lol:

greenfreak

The only thing I could add at this point in my limited experience is to match fish up with their agressiveness level. Some fish are very docile and prefer to be in groups, other fish are very agressive and will stress all the other fish out chasing them around and biting their fins all the time.

And for your first tank, I would also agree; don't get goldfish unless they're going to be used as food for other fish. They are filthy and you'll either spend all your time replacing water/cleaning/altering the ph or caring for sick fish or flushing them down the toilet when they die from poor water quality.

Oh, by the way, welcome! :wave:

unclehobart

JamesMJ2 said:
I had a hell of a time finding anything on my google searches. Where'd you come up with that link Uncle? I muist have tried ten different phrases, didn't come up with anything useful or legal!
My initial thoughts with google were straight up concepts. I typed in simply 'aquarium advice' and it was the first link that popped up ... 5 seconds ... bada boom, bada bing. I just have good google karma.

MrBishop

Hey Puter'...what's floating around in you tank recently...

I've still got an Octacynclis (sp?), a big-ol' Pleco and a Red-Tailed shark, plus a few misc. fishes...got rid of the angels and the Tiger-barb a while back and the aquarium's happier for it.

Mmmm...Brine-shrimp...Great on Toast :p

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Right now all that's in there is a Jack Dempsey and a Pleco. The Dempsey is about 6", and starting to really get the good blue coloring throughout.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
JamesMJ2 said:
sorry if this is too off topic.
Off topic is our name and our game. Worry less about going too off topic, and more about whether your thread will stay on the topic it started as. :D

greenfreak

MrBishop said:
A.B.Normal said:
Professur said:
Unc is a Google God.

Not sure wh everyone's all Ga-ga over Google...there are better search engines out there...the best:

Vivisimo

It's a much smarter clustering search-engine....give it a try.

Took too long coming up and the first search I did, I got this:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
The request line contained invalid characters following the protocol string.

I'll stick with Google, thanks. :)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I tried it too, and I'll bookmark it, but I think I'll still use Google mainly, it hasn't let me down yet.

MrBishop

My Octacynclis died...cave collapsed on him thanks to his digging, and he got injured...live another 3 days and died...

close to 4 inches long. :(

unclehobart

I wonder if james is coming back. He took our advice, took $20 out of our purses, left the toilet seat up, took off for the horizon, and gave us a 'I'll call ya, babe.. honest.'