Back to the 80's

catocom

at my house?
There are 'bugs' (outside), but not 'cockroaches'.

Those big flying ones have only surfaced in the latter years. (since more immigration)

Professur

Naw, Cat. They were at the campground. I highly doubt any of them toughed out the winter, even if one was dumb enough to hitch a ride.

catocom

lemme tell ya..
Around here, if you see a 'cockroach', you'd better wage war against um Immediatly.

Professur

I caught one big fucker and stuck it in a bottle, and sealed it. Fucker was still alive three days later ... left out in a sealed bottle in the sun. So I threw in a couple of spiders.

catocom

I did have a roach problem at one time.
I HATE them Sonsabitches!

That brown caulking type killer stuff finally got um.
I've still got cracks plastered with it.:grinyes:

Inkara1

Les, troll the thrift stores. Mice are usually 2-4$ a pop.

Auntie, you don't need power steering in a country where the average car can be lifted by 3 adults. Our vehicles are a bit longer and heavier o'er here. I dare say power steering is a must on half of the cars on the road.

I remember being in school in 84 when my friends 73 Grand Torino (an absolute monster of a car) lost its power steering. It was impossible to turn the wheel unless the car was in some form of motion. A five mile drive would leave you drenched in sweat. It was right at 4000 pounds.

A car that never had power steering isn't so bad to drive. But a car with power steering that no longer works is a bitch to drive.

BTW, the '73 Gran Torino was more like 4,500 pounds, possibly 4,700.

Aunty Em

Les, troll the thrift stores. Mice are usually 2-4$ a pop.

Auntie, you don't need power steering in a country where the average car can be lifted by 3 adults. Our vehicles are a bit longer and heavier o'er here. I dare say power steering is a must on half of the cars on the road.

I remember being in school in 84 when my friends 73 Grand Torino (an absolute monster of a car) lost its power steering. It was impossible to turn the wheel unless the car was in some form of motion. A five mile drive would leave you drenched in sweat. It was right at 4000 pounds.

Heh, the cortina was a big, heavy car... not easy to turn at low speeds. I believe all new cars over here except the really small ones have power steering these days... I guess people just got lazier... I was just into 1970's built cars when I had mine. :)

tonksy

The cockroaches Prof is referring to are the palmetto bugs. i hates them. Grody things.

I had no idea we had scorpions!

Professur

No dear. I didn't know it for myself, not being familiar with bugs larger than my shoes ... so I had it identified by a local. This fucker was most definitely a roach of substantial proportions .

Aunty Em

We have scorpians here in the UK, although they aren't big enough to do any damage... bugs get everywhere. :(

Scorpions live in many parts of the world, one has even colonised this country (UK), coming across on ships from the European mainland.
It is called the European Scorpion (Euscorpios Flavicaudus).

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have some friggin' creepy bugs in my apartment...they're long-ish with flat bodies and these insanely long antenae. They're a light brown/tan colour, I think they may be kinda tanslucent...I can't get a good enough look to get anymore details (the sight of them turns my stomach, I squish'em and flush'em)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
images

or

images

?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
The second one is better to have than the first. The second one is a house centipede, and it eats bugs. If you get rid of the other bugs like spiders and whatever - cobwebbing and raid bomb with residual action - and buy a dehumidifier (which will make it feel warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer anyway so it's a good investment), they should be gone in a couple weeks.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I should buy a dehumidifier you're right...but i plan to move in dec...