Back to the 80's

tonksy

Poor Robby...in our household he is Chairman of dead things and insects. We all come running and squealing when we need him.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Well, back to the mouse...

what you need to do is clean your ball's - what I mean to say is you need to remove your ball and scrape all of the gunge off the little rollers inside the mouse where the ball was - just like in the good old days.

Hi Leslie :D

Cheers,

Karl
Hi Karl! :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Poor Robby...in our household he is Chairman of dead things and insects. We all come running and squealing when we need him.

That position is one of the ones I want my future man to fill..crawly things creep me out. The last time I had to kill one of them crazy centipede things I was hyperventilating and half screaming in terror at the same time...and I had a HUGE piece of paper towel to make sure if it fell it wouldn't fall on me.:shrug:

BeardofPants

Why would you want to kill the centipede? Why not just move it back outside where it came from? :hmm: The only thing that gets me running is the asian wasp, and that's cos it's a mean mofo.

unclehobart

We have these almost transparent and territorial little red wasps that are aggressive as hell in the fall. I've been stung twice a year ever since I've lived here. I want to bring back DDT so I can do them over old school style.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
We have these almost transparent and territorial little red wasps that are aggressive as hell in the fall. I've been sting twice a year ever since I've lived here. I want to bring back DDT so I can do them over old school style.

We used to have those at the Drop Zone. Emphasis on the word used. They made the sad mistake of building a nest near the grill area. I waited until nightfall, put on a thick pair of leather gloves, and squashed the nest and wasps in two fell swoops. I'm pretty sure I got them all...:evilgrin:

Aunty Em

I used to be really scared of spiders.... dunno what happened, but these days I just shoo them out and tell 'em to stay out... they usually do... even the ants have given up and left... LOL

I still don't like cockroaches though... I think that's as a result of finding one unexpectedly in a sterile dressing pack years ago... our ward treatment room was above the kitchens in the old Victorian built Chelmsford & Essex Hospital where I trained as a nurse from '74-'78... not for long after that though... it still makes me shudder even now when I think about it.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Why would you want to kill the centipede? Why not just move it back outside where it came from? :hmm:

Because then they just get a chance to grow bigger and come back inside again...it's not a "once or twice" thing, it's a couple of times a week ATLEAST. Imagine how often it would be if I didn't kill them :crap:

BeardofPants

Because then they just get a chance to grow bigger and come back inside again...it's not a "once or twice" thing, it's a couple of times a week ATLEAST. Imagine how often it would be if I didn't kill them :crap:

Unless it can hurt me, I guess I don't really mind the creepy crawlies. I realise that some people do though.

I still don't like cockroaches though...

Ugh, cockroaches are just naaarsty. I went on an archaelogical dig once for university, and we camped at the site cos it was out in the wop wops, and it was riddled with 'roaches. By the end of the week, I'd completely gotten over the squeamishness, and was mulching them flat with the torch like there was no tomorrow. :lloyd:

We have these almost transparent and territorial little red wasps that are aggressive as hell in the fall. I've been sting twice a year ever since I've lived here. I want to bring back DDT so I can do them over old school style.

Yeah, I've managed to not get stung for a while, but them asian wasps are mean as well. :(

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
That kills bugs dead...it doesn't make them disappear...I'd be just as unimpressed about picking up dead bugs.
That is what the vacuum is for!

(You could always use it to pick up the live ones too. They can't get back out)

catocom

lol, we had a swarm of black ants the other day. (they were huge.
It looked like something out of a horror movie on the white sheetrock wall.
I probably kill 200 with spray, and a flyswat.

yep, it was vacuum time shortly. :nerd: