Basra

freako104

Gonz said:
it's a technicallity. How many have you seen in camp?

so you didnt whitewash it? that they can show the surrender but not the pow camps? gonz i thank you for clarifying my questions but as squig said lets not whitewash anything.and in camp i have seen none although there are videos of our pows in camp from my understanding. if white flag=surrender then they violated the GC?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Another technicality? :rolleyes: THERE ARE NO CAMPS YET. I ronically, the only ones I've 'seen' were sitting in the sand AFTER surrendering. I guess you could call that their 'camp'.

flavio

Banned
PostCode said:
You can justify the murders if you want. Just proves to me the kind of person you are.

Who's justifying murder?

The only person trying to justify murder here is you. Encouraging shooting surrendering soldiers.

PostCode

Major contributor!
Iraqi U.N. ambassador says POWs won't be mistreated

"It is Iraqi official position, we will respect carefully the international humanitarian law, and the Geneva Convention," he said. "I hope that the American army will respect also this Geneva Convention because I hope that what is happening in Iraq now, both parties will respect international humanitarian law.

This is the kind of people were dealing with. Lies and half truths. Prick dosen't have the balls to admit it.

PostCode

Major contributor!
flav....were the only god damn country in the fucking world who even obeys the stupid ass Geneva Convention. If they throw a white flag up then turn around and start unloading a couple magazines of 7.62 on our troops, then I say alls fair in love and war. What comes around goes around.

Now you tell me. Who's murdering who here flav. Come on. Tell me who is fighting a war and who's murdering? I'm really dumb stuck by your narrow minded view. You think war is bad. Fine. You think that. Next time Brazil gets a visit from the Gestapo we'll just let you worry about it.

I don't like this thing anymore than the next person but before anything else, I support our soldiers. Even before I support my President, I support our soldiers. I don't like Bush anymore than the next person but he's a hell of a lot better than slick willie was. At least he's got a backbone. When my fellow soldiers are murdered, then our response should be the same. Damn the Geneva Convention.

You said in an earlier thread something to the effect that America's war was unjustified and who was next...Brazil. Why in the fuck would we want anything to do with Brazil? You guy's got some concentration camps running down there we should know about? The point here is that this man has murdered people. If you want to forget the Kurds, that's fine. Most liberals like to bury the past anyway. This man is a terrorist through and through who'll stop at nothing to satisfy his appetite for totalitarian control over Iraq. Whether anyone wakes the fuck up and realizes that fact remains to be seen.

flavio

Banned
PostCode said:
I'm really dumb stuck by your narrow minded view.

My "narrow-minded view" was simply that I don't thinks it's ok to shoot soldiers waving a white flag as you suggested. Does that really seem so off the wall to you?

PostCode said:
I support our soldiers.

Me too. I don't support them shooting at soldiers trying to surrender though.

PostCode said:
You said in an earlier thread something to the effect that America's war was unjustified and who was next...Brazil.

I don't believe I have ever typed the word "Brazil" on a discussion board. Would you like to step back into reality please?

I don't know what it would have to do with shooting at surrendering soldiers anyway.

flavio

Banned
Jeslek said:
PostCode said:
I'm really dumb stuck by your narrow minded view.
PostCode said:
When my fellow soldiers are murdered, then our response should be the same. Damn the Geneva Convention.
PostCode said:
Most liberals like to bury the past anyway.
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. :) Well said.

See? Jislik agrees with you. Isn't that enough to make you stop and think all by itself?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ok Flav, a little scenario

You're at home and a burglar comes into your house. You pull a gun on him, and he puts his hands up. Then, he drops a hand and shoots your wife. Then he puts his hands up again. Do you believe him the second time?

PostCode

Major contributor!
Isn't that enough to make you stop and think all by itself?

Actually, I would think that it would make you think.

Me too. I don't support them shooting at soldiers trying to surrender though.

Hammurabi wrote it quite clearly in his laws. An eye for an eye.

I don't believe I have ever typed the word "Brazil" on a discussion board. Would you like to step back into reality please?

Reality? Shit. You wouldn't have the faintest idea of the real fucking world pal.

Whatever though. I can't remember what country your from. Your comments were worded in such a way that you thought the only thing we were doing all of this was for Imperialistic reasons.

flavio

Banned
PuterTutor said:

PT - Are you trying to say we should shoot all the surrendering soldiers?

PostCode said:
Actually, I would think that it would make you think.

I think having Jislik on your side should be enough to creep out anyone.

PostCode said:
Whatever though. I can't remember what country your from. Your comments were worded in such a way that you thought the only thing we were doing all of this was for Imperialistic reasons.

You're just making up stuff now. What's the deal?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
flavio said:
PuterTutor said:

PT - Are you trying to say we should shoot all the surrendering soldiers?

Do you think those soldiers thought that up on their own? Not likely. Do you think they thought up dressing in civilian clothes so they could get closer to our troops? Not likely either. The point is there was a certain trust broken there, and it's not likely to be regained. You can sit on your ass and tell us all the honorable thing to do, but you try telling that to some 19 year old kid that knows his life is on the line.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I'm not flav. But war is war. Its ugly to the core and you can't judge our soldiers for reacting however they choose. The dividing line is whether there was a planned deception. Which, apparently, there was. They took it upon themselves to diminish the trust in the white flag and civilian appearence.

flavio

Banned
Squiggy said:
They took it upon themselves to diminish the trust in the white flag and civilian appearence.

If that's the case then I would expect our soldiers to take steps to assure their safety when they encounter surrendering soldiers.

That doesn't mean shooting them all as a matter of course.