Believing the lie, drink that koolaid!

Cerise

It is very nice of you to pay for your girlfriend's $1300 per month prescription bill.

When you decide to marry her, she will make you pay for everything. :evilgrin:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I've already suggested he marry her. Hell, if he listened to me, she'd be past the 6-month gap for pre-existing conditions.

Mirlyn

I guess I need to move to Texas if cable TV, even basic, can be had for $30 a month there.

Basic cable (dozen channels) is $15 here. Was $12 when we switched to it a few months ago.

When we had extended cable (~60 channels) it was $40. Add $20 to that for digital cable (~130 channels). Don't know what its up to now.

Inkara1

Basic cable (dozen channels) is $15 here. Was $12 when we switched to it a few months ago.

When we had extended cable (~60 channels) it was $40. Add $20 to that for digital cable (~130 channels). Don't know what its up to now.

The cable company here quit offering channel 2-13 only service. All that's available now is "expanded basic" which my parents have and pay like $55 a month for.

Inkara1

There is such a thing as Satellite internet (although DirecTV and Dish themselves are TV-only). The only time you would ever want satellite internet is if nothing else high-speed is available at all. The lag times are up to a full second, and for daily browsing you might as well be on dial-up. Plus, satellite internet is really expensive. I'm on DirecTV with DSL internet. There's a wireless internet service called Clearwire, although they're not nationwide. I'm sure there are other similar providers, though.

spike

I almost switch to satellite a couple years ago but the cable company was going to charge me $50/month for internet only so to make it really worth it I would have to downgrade my speed to DSL.

DSL speed is acceptable but it made the whole idea less attractive.

Mirlyn

WildBlue offers up to 1.5/256 for $80/mo.

While speeds are fast, it still "feels" like dialup and anything latency sensitive voip, gaming, vpn, etc) is more trouble than its worth. Had a client use WildBlue for 2 years before DSL came to his area.