Big date tonight...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
blowjob. It's always impressed the hell out of me, especially if you can deep throat it.

IDLEchild

tank girl said:
Anyone have any tried-and-true suggestions on how to impress?

(bar 'not opening my mouth' or 'getting naked') :p

Smile. Works wonders.

If the guy is nervous and really trying then ease his tension. Don't act too girly, pretend you're his friend, not his date.

do not use the words "like", "um", "uh", "whatever", and "totally".

eye contact and don't roll your eyes. Problem with smart women is they have to prove their impressive cognitive abilities every chance they get, don't. Be smart, not an ass....most, young, intellectual women can't discern between the two.

Smile. Works wonder.

tank girl

IDLEchild said:
Smile. Works wonders.

If the guy is nervous and really trying then ease his tension. Don't act too girly, pretend you're his friend, not his date.

do not use the words "like", "um", "uh", "whatever", and "totally".

eye contact and don't roll your eyes. Problem with smart women is they have to prove their impressive cognitive abilities every chance they get, don't. Be smart, not an ass....most, young, intellectual women can't discern between the two.

Smile. Works wonder.

Thanks IC, I'm sure I can manage that ;)

Sharky

(deleted inappropriate remark)

I can't believe I said that out loud.

It wasn't directed at tank girl specifically, it was a silly joke that was wrong. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong joke. I was wrong to post it and I apologize to tank girl and everyone else.

IDLEchild

PrincessLissa said:
Don't try to impress. Be yourself. A great way to impress is to be yourself with him.

No, terrible advice.

Don't do that. Seriously. If this is your first date you're suppose to be a representation of an awesome human being...not yourself (not that you aren't awesome, you maybe hella awesome but go with me here).

No one is themselves at big dates or first dates. Why would they be? Social interaction is 95% game of visages and facades....99% when it comes to mating attempts.

Trust me TG...when that guy sees you he'll want to shag you before even the date has started...he isn't being himself. He'll pretend to be a cordial gentleman and his attempts may be genuine too but he can't lie to himself and hide his true feelings. Dating, cohabitation, marriage, makeup, pretty clothes, dressing up, bars are all attempts at manifest intentions of sex, to procreate....

they may have latent consequences but thats the surprises in life (like you end up kicking him in the nuts)...but lets hope it goes better than that.

act according to how you wish the outcome to be. Being yourself got no one anywhere, ever.

tonksy

be yourself...that way you don't have to remember how to act on date 2...it'll come naturally....and the deep throating really can impress most guys....not that i advocate such scandalous behavior on the first date, oh no!

tank girl

after action report...*ahem* (puts on best PR voice)

went very well thankyou...(verry very very well ;) )

it was THE most fantastic "first date" to date :D

Great advice IC - I agree with you %200... although apart from all the nerves and things - I am sensational at just being "myself".

decipher that.

tank girl

Even if I had - that information must remain confidential... :D
I never have ever kissed and "told" :)

I shall try to retain some dignity, somehow...even here :shrug:

Now I wanna talk romantically about what made it the most fantastic first date of my life not about all the juicy details :p

I didn't even need to try and "impress", heh. Funny how that bit comes naturally when you meet someone that is -seemingly-just right.

Professur

tank girl said:
Even if I had - that information must remain confidential... :D
I never have ever kissed and "told" :)

I shall try to retain some dignity, somehow...even here :shrug:

Now I wanna talk romantically about what made it the most fantastic first date of my life not about all the juicy details :p

I didn't even need to try and "impress", heh. Funny how that bit comes naturally when you meet someone that is -seemingly-just right.

My point exactly. Happened to me on a school bus when I was 7. Never did manage to shake it.