Big date tonight...

abooja

But he's not necessarily treating you like crap just because he hasn't called you yet! I think it's totally a matter of trying not to appear too eager. These are the unfortunate games men and women seem fated to play in the early stages of a relationship. I wish it weren't the case, but they seem unavoidable.

Now, if a whole week goes by and you don't hear from him, and he wasn't in some kind of terrible accident or have some other unexpected malady befall him or a member of his family to where he couldn't get in touch with you, then you would be perfectly justified in feeling used and angry with him. Until then, don't jump to conclusions. You'll only torture yourself with these thoughts. Keep yourself busy doing productive things. The time will pass much faster that way.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
*excuse me*

Might I be so bold as to ask a question?

Well, I will anyway...

Why can't you call him?

tank girl

abooja said:
But he's not necessarily treating you like crap just because he hasn't called you yet! I think it's totally a matter of trying not to appear too eager. These are the unfortunate games men and women seem fated to play in the early stages of a relationship. I wish it weren't the case, but they seem unavoidable.

Now, if a whole week goes by and you don't hear from him, and he wasn't in some kind of terrible accident or have some other unexpected malady befall him or a member of his family to where he couldn't get in touch with you, then you would be perfectly justified in feeling used and angry with him. Until then, don't jump to conclusions. You'll only torture yourself with these thoughts. Keep yourself busy doing productive things. The time will pass much faster that way.

Appreciate the advice booj.. :disgust: Guys just have no idea the amount of stress they cause in girls by seemingly nothing. I've never been rational :lol: but I always set my expectations too high, I'm my own worst enemy.

Anyway, I've actually just heard from him - I invited him to go out by text yesterday and he's only 'just' replied saying he's busy.

I'm not wasting my time on this one.

tank girl

Gonz said:
*excuse me*

Might I be so bold as to ask a question?

Well, I will anyway...

Why can't you call him?

I sent him two texts yesterday - one in the mornin saying thanks for an awesome night and one in the evening inviting him to go and see a play or something. he didn't reply...

I just texted him back saying that I'm busy now too. :p

oh these games that we play...heheh

this might actually be fun... :devious:

abooja

Well, there's your answer right there. Too bad. I just hope that whatever it is you did wind up doing with this guy the other evening didn't emotionally entangle you too much and make this even harder on you. That's one of the dangers of giving too much of yourself too soon.

tank girl

yup. I have a tendency to give too much of my trust away too soon.

And as far as emotional entaglement goes, I get emotionally entangled just by looking at a guy. :shrug: thats just the way I am. It sucks.

abooja

For many women, sex and emotion run hand in hand, which is one of the many reasons why they should wait until they know the guy a little better before giving of themselves that particular way, since men generally don't have this problem. Maybe you're one of the few women for whom sleeping with a guy contributes little to her feelings about the situation.

I've long aspired to be like Samantha from Sex and the City myself -- a gal who loves 'em and leaves 'em, but never quite got around to putting that plan into action. :lloyd:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tank girl said:
yup. I have a tendency to give too much of my trust away too soon.

And as far as emotional entaglement goes, I get emotionally entangled just by looking at a guy. :shrug: thats just the way I am. It sucks.
There's the problem right there. They can smell that a mile away.

Winky

"before giving of themselves that particular way, since men generally don't have this problem"

Not all men are Skanks?

Winky

So by that logic all wimen's are whores

If they plook for money or love they are doing it
to get something, men just wanna get their rocks off

abooja

Winky said:
So by that logic all wimen's are whores

If they plook for money or love they are doing it
to get something, men just wanna get their rocks off
What logic is this? :confused:

I'm just saying that guys don't base their emotional attachments on sex as often as do women.

But, yes, anyone who plooks for money or some commodity is a whore.

freako104

just talk and try not to get into politics. Do try to show intelligence and let him know what your goals in life are