But I thought only fetal stem cells ...

jimpeel

t'isn't what you know that's an issue... it's the spin. No insult intended, but you do tend to intertwine politics into a lot of topics.

Nearly everything comes down to politics and money; and those two are inexorably intertwined.

MrBishop

I tend to disagree...especially when it comes to the sciences. Yes, much research could not be accomplished without grants (politics+money), but neither politics nor money should affect the results.

There are exceptions:IPCC being one, but they're not as numerous as it seems.

jimpeel

I tend to disagree...especially when it comes to the sciences. Yes, much research could not be accomplished without grants (politics+money), but neither politics nor money should affect the results.

There are exceptions:IPCC being one, but they're not as numerous as it seems.

Simply apply for a grant stating that you wish to do research into GW and the goal is to dispel the conclusions of AGW and see how far you get.

Conversely, ask for a grant and state that you are seeking to inexorably link GW to man and you will be able to swim in the money like Scrooge McDuck.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Another outstanding case for keeping the seperation of science & state.

"Promote science & useful arts", not provide.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So church+state=good but science+state=bad then?

I don't recall saying that either.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts,

Notice, 1 doesn't say it must be kept clear of the public - it just may not be forced, or excluded, by law;
and
Promote-not provide.

chcr

Too cute for words
I don't recall saying that either.

Notice, 1 doesn't say it must be kept clear of the public - it just may not be forced, or excluded, by law;
and
Promote-not provide.

Sorry Gonz, maybe you haven't said so in so many words (although I remember a discussion about "faith based initiatives") but most of the folks you choose to align yourself with think it's a one or the other issue.

MrBishop

Simply apply for a grant stating that you wish to do research into GW and the goal is to dispel the conclusions of AGW and see how far you get.

Conversely, ask for a grant and state that you are seeking to inexorably link GW to man and you will be able to swim in the money like Scrooge McDuck.
Exactly...the IPCC and the GW crowd is a big draw for money. Grants grants grants.

Other sciences also have to ask for grants, but the implicit statement is that the grant money doesn't guarantee a favourable result, or even a proven hypothesis.