Caffeine

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
k. Before, I lived on perk coffee, and it suited me fine. Never jonesed for coffee as long as I had my perk. Maxwell House, no-name, whatever.

Now, I've moved, and there are two Timmy's within walking distance. I've had at least one every day. Still gots the perk, but for convenience, and cause it's there...

And, I'm finding myself absolutely HURTING unless I get it.

Why? :banghead:

Is there more caffeine in "storebought"? Why does not then a couple perks do it? I don't understand! I know it's good, but :confuse3:

HomeLAN

They secretly lace it with heroin. Why do you think people will pay $6 a cup at those joints?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Is that what I gotta do? :( That's a lotta work :eyemouth:
so there is less caffeine in the packaged stuff? or it wears out over time?

Timmy's isn't *really* one of those joints. It's just donuts and sammiches and REAL good coffee. $1.55 for an extra large. No fancy schmancy anything.

Tim's made snopes with a "laced with nicotine" rumour.

lol

Winky

My dear half melted (Hmm which half?) Canuckyain
withdrawal from a dual addiction (caf & Nic)
is a tricky tricky thing.
Happenes every morning don't it?
"After that first cuppa Joe and a coffin nail
I'm sound as a pound"

The store bought (Timmah's) has extra caffiene.

Ever wonder what it would be like to be Caf and smoke free?

(sounds like a freakin' nightmare huh?)

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
Ever wonder what it would be like to be Caf and smoke free?

(sounds like a freakin' nightmare huh?)

Hey, I quit smoking but ya gotta draw the line somewhere. :D

Les, I have a little grinder I got on sale at K-mart or somewhere for 10 bucks, runs on two AAs and grinds coffee in about 15 seconds (30 for espresso). After the water is hot (please don't boil the water, 85C or so is plenty hot) it takes about 3 minutes for it to brew in the french press pot.

What I use. I didn't pay that much for it. It's so much better than perked ( or drip)...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I had one of those once, long ago and far away. Hubby found it handy for teh stash, so I lost it. :(

May have to go there again. This $1.55 ninety times a day is gonna kill me :eyemouth:

unclehobart

French Press, grind your own, teach the kids to make it and bring it to you every morning ... with a little towel over the arm and a bowtie.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
French Press, grind your own, teach the kids to make it and bring it to you every morning ... with a little towel over the arm and a bowtie.
Kid's grown. I think it may be too much for the dogs. Maybe I need another Sheltie. :D

A.B.Normal

Timmy's is the only coffee that keeps me awake ,I can drink a whole pot of Homebrewed or visit any other restaurant and not have the coffee affect me in the least. I find it great for those early morning starts,but drink too much(a cup after 6pm) and I can't can't get to sleep .I'm definately on the "they fortify their coffee with caffeine" bandwagon.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
caffeine caffeine caffeine

I love caffeine

on a caffeine high right now

WOO HOOO

who needs food when you have caffeine

BeardofPants

I've never met caffeine that could keep me awake. :mope:
*wonders if she could bribe someone to mail her some of this timmy shite from canada :eyemouth:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
BeardofPants said:
*wonders if she could bribe someone to mail her some of this timmy shite from canada :eyemouth:

no problem, or I will fly down and.....ok, maybe that is too far

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
BeardofPants said:

They have perk coffee that you can buy and make at home :D

unclehobart

My last Timmys had 20+ creams and sugars in it ... but to be fair, it was the monolith souvenir tankard that held like 8 larges.