Caffeine

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It's like 9000 degrees in this house this week. And I'm so caffeine addiction addled that I STILL will put the kettle on for coffee.

I need help!!!

unclehobart

Gato,
If you really like good coffee... step away from the DiMaggio peddled Mr Coffee and step up to presspots. Filter coffee makes about as much sense as the Jamaican bobsled team.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
Gato,
If you really like good coffee... step away from the DiMaggio peddled Mr Coffee and step up to presspots. Filter coffee makes about as much sense as the Jamaican bobsled team.

Maybe so...but try getting a good grinder for your presspot whilst keeping your arm and leg. Any presspot can make good coffee, without the inherent sludge, if you have a good grinder. The burr grinders (best type IMO) start out at around $60 and go up to close to $200, while you can get a decent presspot for just under $40. Besides...a presspot is nothing more than a modernized 'field coffee' kit. :eek: ;)

A.B.Normal

Leslie said:
It's like 9000 degrees in this house this week. And I'm so caffeine addiction addled that I STILL will put the kettle on for coffee.

I need help!!!

Psst...Timmy's is air conditioned :devious:

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
Maybe so...but try getting a good grinder for your presspot whilst keeping your arm and leg. Any presspot can make good coffee, without the inherent sludge, if you have a good grinder. The burr grinders (best type IMO) start out at around $60 and go up to close to $200, while you can get a decent presspot for just under $40. Besides...a presspot is nothing more than a modernized 'field coffee' kit. :eek: ;)

Don't your grocery stores have a grind your own section? All the ones around here do. Re grinders, I've got a battery operated one I paid twenty bucks for (admittedly at a store that was going out of business) that does and excellent job on the press stuff (although it won't do esspresso grind worth a darn).

Gato_Solo

chcr said:
Don't your grocery stores have a grind your own section? All the ones around here do. Re grinders, I've got a battery operated one I paid twenty bucks for (admittedly at a store that was going out of business) that does and excellent job on the press stuff (although it won't do esspresso grind worth a darn).

Yes...blade grinders. :rolleyes: The reason why I'm sticking to filtered coffee, BTW. No matter where I go, I can use my 4-cup MrCoffee...and it has travelled as much as I have. Carrying around close to $200 in coffee making equipment is asking for breakage. ;)

unclehobart

I have one of those jillion dollar burr grinders. Its not nearly as expensive as the coffee I use. Even as expensive as the setup is, its never more than about .20 a cup. My coffee blows Starbucks away. I just wish I had one of their $5000 espresso rigs.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I think if it was filtered with used toilet paper, most coffees would still be better than Starbucks. Perhaps a better example could be found? :sick:

Gato_Solo

unclehobart said:
I have one of those jillion dollar burr grinders. Its not nearly as expensive as the coffee I use. Even as expensive as the setup is, its never more than about .20 a cup. My coffee blows Starbucks away. I just wish I had one of their $5000 espresso rigs.

That's because the burr grinders give you a more uniform grind. Blade grinders, no matter how expensive, will never give you a uniform ground size...which is the best way to get a really good cup of coffee. You can grind beans in your blender, if you're desperate, but the taste of the coffee at the 'bottom of the carafe' will be like the scrapings off your shoe after a walk through a muddy puddle...and that's what most blade grinders are derived from...explanation here. ;)

K62

Leslie said:
Is that what I gotta do? :( That's a lotta work :eyemouth:
so there is less caffeine in the packaged stuff? or it wears out over time?

Timmy's isn't *really* one of those joints. It's just donuts and sammiches and REAL good coffee. $1.55 for an extra large. No fancy schmancy anything.

Tim's made snopes with a "laced with nicotine" rumour.

lol

haha

I will have to show the girlfriend that one.

She has worked at Timmys for about 4 years now.

K62

BeardofPants said:
I've never met caffeine that could keep me awake. :mope:
*wonders if she could bribe someone to mail her some of this timmy shite from canada :eyemouth:

Come up here and I will show you a
Caffeine that will keep you awake!

57mg of caffeine per bottle, drink 12 of em babies and you will have a hard time sleeping!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
the secret to really good coffee.

go to the timmies.

make sure tattoo girl is their.

bat my eyelashes.

order ONE coffee and I get from the fresh pot.

bring to Leslie.

(if I order 2 coffees, I get the bad pot.)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
the secret to really good coffee.

go to the timmies.

make sure tattoo girl is their.

bat my eyelashes.

order ONE coffee and I get from the fresh pot.

bring to Leslie.

(if I order 2 coffees, I get the bad pot.)

awwwww you sacrifice coffee so Les can have the freshest of the fresh??

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Nixy said:
awwwww you sacrifice coffee so Les can have the freshest of the fresh??

only if it is tattoo girl, from my first visit to Barrie she has tried to flirt with me, doesn't matter who is standing next to me, or even who i have my arm around, but I use it to get the good coffee.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
only if it is tattoo girl, from my first visit to Barrie she has tried to flirt with me, doesn't matter who is standing next to me, or even who i have my arm around, but I use it to get the good coffee.

In response to sacrificing your coffee...that's so sweet it almost makes me sick...oh wait...nope, it actually makes me sick...I just vomited a little in my mouth *puke*

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Nixy said:
In response to sacrificing your coffee...that's so sweet it almost makes me sick...oh wait...nope, it actually makes me sick...I just vomited a little in my mouth *puke*

awww, you shoud write for hallmark, that was poetic

as to sacrificing, it is rare, but i never ever ever come home with just coffee for me.

that would be wrong

and bad

and a death sentence

HomeLAN

Yeah, it prolly has a lot more to do with the self-preservation instinct than anything else. Something along the lines of "always leave enough milk for one cup of coffee" at my house.

*shudders at the memories*

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
CaffeineohmyGodIgottahavemycaffeine. It'slikevitaltogettingmydaystartedright. WithoutitI'msolistlessand tiredandjustcan'tgetmotivated.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
There is a 1 in 9 chance of winning. I have had at least 12, and I have won NOTHING!

stoopid Rrrrrrrrrrrroll Up the Rim! :hmm: