Character Assasination

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tank girl said:
oh you guys...you take me so seriously :eyebrow:

Now, is it my fault you can't take my sense of humour?

Why, yes...yes it is. :grinyes:

tankgirl said:
there is no point - thats the point :winkkiss:

Haven't found one in your posts yet. Why start now? :D :winkkiss:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tank girl said:
oh you guys...you take me so seriously :eyebrow:

Now, is it my fault you can't take my sense of humour?

:grinno:

there is no point - thats the point :winkkiss:
ok...how bout this one.

I call shenanigans. This is a crock. A feeble attempt to worm out of a situation by anyone's standards.

Having said that. This is either a serious thread, or it's a trolling maneuver. I believe it's the former, and you're just too embarassed to admit it. If it is in fact the former, fine. But take responsibility for what you post when you post it. Backing out later only makes you incredible and it'll be difficult for anyone to take you seriously. If it's the latter, I'm not putting up with people's shit anymore. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, and take extra care, cause it'll be aiming that way.

Professur

Leslie said:
Backing out later only makes you incredible and it'll be difficult for anyone to take you seriously.

Now, now, Les. You're assuming that anyone is taking her seriously. I can't see anyone doing that. Children will be children, after all.

abooja

~ahem~

Seinfeld was NOT freaking cancelled. Jerry and Co. opted to end the show on a high note. :shrug:

tank girl

Leslie said:
ok...how bout this one.

I call shenanigans. This is a crock. A feeble attempt to worm out of a situation by anyone's standards.

Having said that. This is either a serious thread, or it's a trolling maneuver. I believe it's the former, and you're just too embarassed to admit it. If it is in fact the former, fine. But take responsibility for what you post when you post it. Backing out later only makes you incredible and it'll be difficult for anyone to take you seriously. If it's the latter, I'm not putting up with people's shit anymore. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, and take extra care, cause it'll be aiming that way.

: really? :rolleyes:

DO you really think i'd be embarrased about anything? I were the slightest bit embarassed, I wouldn't even bother posting anything...because I'm ridiculed before I even have anything to write. All I do is make comments and watch you react, I am the statement... its just too easy.

Anybody astute enough to note that reference to Monty Python (one of the most fantastic satiristic stints of all time) would see my slant quite clearly, and thats basically what I got my idea from, that and the crucible, because, judging by most peoples attitudes around here - being outspoken about something that not everyone agrees on generally arouses a sort of character assasination, simply a means to wipe out the weakest link; and with the analogy to the historical example of witchcraft, for various reasons, its been going on for a very long time. It just now so happens that so many people are wrapped in a pseudo-paranoia, a sense of hysteria and moral panic - resulting in more dangerous intolerance than ever.

I meant and continue to stand by everything here because I think it is a fine example of exactly the way the minority, the "other" in any group is treated. And I think, particularly in the American mentality; there is a particular tendancy to attack anyone not consistent with your ideals; liberals are branded as anti americans the way people were once hunted down and ostracised as being communists or having communist sympathies during the cold war. Of course, everything tends to be blown way out of proportion here, I think thats a perfect reflection of everyday life as it is constructed in the eyes of those that choose to live for the illusions that are fabricated by those structures, institutions around you.

I tend to think you all need to wake up and realise that, confronted with the voices of the upcoming generation - you need to listen rather than ridicule. Because at the ignorance you display and the constant attitude is not doing anything but cause a greater desire to resist and challenge the dominant forms of discourse, the ones that you adhere to.

But of course, nobody here cares to make any sense of anything I say... I don't mean any harm, I'm harmless - just extreme, provokative, sarcastic and loud. Sorry for disturbing the peace :shrug: its so otherwise boring in here - you should be thanking me for giving you something to talk about, and you can hardly say you haven't paid any attention to me - regardless of what I have to say, how I say it; and wether or not you agree with it or make any sense of it.

just accept that I am who I am, that I need to make some noise: trying to tame me and mock me and insult me all the time isn't doing you, or me any favours, And thats not saying that I don't want you to disagree with me : I expect the conflict but I at least deserve constructive debate rather than hate. And if you interpret me as hateful in the first place, perhaps you should get to know me rather than box me for a change, because I couldn't be anything but. I just happen to be highly cynical some would see it as a major flaw : I see it as an opportunity ;)

unclehobart

Its not up to us to pick sense out of what you say. It is up to you to project a cogent idea to your audience. If you are being inconsistent, angry, venomous, and then saying 'ha, ha, fooled you' '...maybe it is, maybe it wasn't.'

I'm still waiting for an idea from you... any idea at all. So far, all I have ever truly seen out of you is 'America=Hitler=Roman savagery=stupid president'.

Gato_Solo

tank girl said:
: really? :rolleyes

DO you really think i'd be embarrased about anything? I were the slightest bit embarassed, I wouldn't even bother posting anything...because I'm ridiculed before I even have anything to write.

Anybody astute enough to note that reference to Monty Python (one of the most fantastic satiristic stints of all time) would see my slant quite clearly, and thats basically what I got my idea from, that and the crucible, because, judging by most peoples attitudes around here - being outspoken about something that not everyone agrees on generally arouses a sort of character assasination, simply a means to wipe out the weakest link; and with the analogy to the historical example of witchcraft, for various reasons, its been going on for a very long time. It just now so happens that so many people are wrapped in a pseudo-paranoia, a sense of hysteria and moral panic - resulting in more dangerous intolerance than ever.

Nice try, but I was a fan of Monty Python before you were born. In fact, they broke up before you were born. Your attempts at scarcasm are insipid and weak. In fact, they ramble aimlessly, with no sign of coherence, and absolutely no wittiness to them at all. Nope. I'm afraid this has been too dry even for the Python gang. Sorry. Move along. Nothing to see here, citizens.

tankgirl said:
I meant and continue to stand by everything here because I think it is a fine example of exactly the way the minority, the "other" in any group is treated. And I think, particularly in the American mentality; there is a particular tendancy to attack anyone not consistent with your ideals; liberals are branded as anti americans the way people were once hunted down and ostracised as being communists or having communist sympathies during the cold war. Of course, everything tends to be blown way out of proportion here, I think thats a perfect reflection of everyday life as it is constructed in the eyes of those that choose to live for the illusions that are fabricated by those structures, institutions around you.

This is, by far, the funniest thing you've ever said. How you can assume that your plight of a few months is equal to the plight that minorities have suffered for at least 400 years is appalling. It's also a trick used by everybody who does something ghastly. If it's not their personal freedom, then it's because they are oppressed. Please...give it a rest. Now you've even got me bored with you.

tankgirl said:
I tend to think you all need to wake up and realise that, confronted with the voices of the upcoming generation - you need to listen rather than ridicule. Because at the ignorance you display and the constant attitude is not doing anything but cause a greater desire to resist and challenge the dominant forms of discourse, the ones that you adhere to.

Ahhh...Teen-aged angst, now, is it? Poor me. The reason you are ridiculed is because you accuse everybody else of being ignorant. Question...If everybody is ignorant except you, then are you correct in your assessment of the situation? I'm actually for change, but it's your methods that destroy your arguments.

tankgirl said:
But of course, nobody here cares to make any sense of anything I say... I don't mean any harm, I'm harmless - just extreme, provokative, sarcastic and loud. Sorry for disturbing the peace :shrug: its so otherwise boring in here - you should be thanking me for giving you something to talk about, and you can hardly say you haven't paid any attention to me - regardless of what I have to say, how I say it; and wether or not you agree with it or make any sense of it.

:shrug:

If you would make sense without being rude, condescending, and arrogant you might get further in your arguments. You're not funny anymore...you are now being ignored. Good-bye.

abooja

TG, you flatter yourself by proclaiming yourself such an original thinker. You're not, and I've been around a bit longer than you have. The reason you are scorned here is that YOU'RE OBNOXIOUS, not because you're liberal. There are plenty of liberals around here. They don't all go around calling people racists. :shrug:

Gato_Solo

abooja said:
TG, you flatter yourself by proclaiming yourself such an original thinker. You're not, and I've been around a bit longer than you have. The reason you are scorned here is that YOU'RE OBNOXIOUS, not because you're liberal. There are plenty of liberals around here. They don't all go around calling people racists. :shrug:

Hey, now! I've made a fairly good living out of being obnoxious, and calling tg obnoxious is an insult to us obnoxious folks. I take offense, and I demand satisfaction. :brow:

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
I finally put the puzzle together. She isnt a philosopher, conspiracy theorist, a liberal, or even a cynical as she said. She is wanting for attention nothing more or less.
And acting like the above gets her that.

" being outspoken about something that not everyone agrees on generally arouses a sort of character assasination, simply a means to wipe out the weakest link"

This has never been the case here, study your history brfore making ASSumptions on something you have very little knowledge of.
We ONLY expect you to do your part in a conversation, Provide reasonable and coherent example of which you comment on and to provide links to the source so all can read and supply answers back.
Otherwise the way YOU project yourself, you make yourself the "weakest link"

Kawaii

cheese2ae.gif

Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?

abooja

Gato_Solo said:
Hey, now! I've made a fairly good living out of being obnoxious, and calling tg obnoxious is an insult to us obnoxious folks. I take offense, and I demand satisfaction. :brow:
I don't find you obnoxious at all. :)

As for satisfaction, it might help if you occasionally untied your fiancée from the bed. :p

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Well said Sam. That is what struck me. The RW has been & will continue to be a place to exhibit personal political beliefs. Just because you exhibit them does not mean anybody else is forced to agree with them. In fact, it's more fun when agreement is the exception as oposed to the rule. If we all agreed, it would be boring.

Unfortunately, as has proven to be the case too many times, the liberal comes in, states a case, has no facts to back it up & ends up running away. You can't even state your case. You state somebody elses without crediting the original source. Bad girl. There are more liberals at OTC than conservatives. Even they find you obnoxious. Ironic, huh?

you all need to wake up and realise that, confronted with the voices of the upcoming generation - you need to listen rather than ridicule

Now that, my dear, is funny. The upcoming generation is leaning way way to the right. The pendulum has hit it's left apex & begun to return to a more sensible position. Another generation & it will hit its right apex. These things are cyclical. When you grow up (and hopefully wiser) you'll see this. You'll also see that EVERY generation, and I do mean EVERY, has thought themselves smarter & more compassionate than all the previous. You'd do well to listen to those who have time & experience. Books don't make you smart. They lead you to a path. On that path is where knowledge & life happen.

Thulsa Doom

Gato_Solo said:
If you would make sense without being rude, condescending, and arrogant you might get further in your arguments. You're not funny anymore...you are now being ignored. Good-bye.

hmmm... dejavu... ;)

Well I say everyone has a different approach. Even if its unoriginal or easily attacked in packs. I dont think the witch analogy is the proper one for her really. But perhaps more the annoying new kid who gets beat up by the established bullies for being loud and annoying (granted) and new. And even the more soft spoken more decent smaller kids take their opportunity to get a punch in in all the fury. I actually found that a little more disturbing. Seeing the "quiet good" kids going after her too. In fact Im shocked to say that Research Monkey has had the most useful post in this thread in that he took her to the wood shed but at the same time encouraged her despite her politics. Slug away if you must but dont try to kill her for the sake of being mean. surely you dont feel threatened after all...

Blood is in the water. Resist the temptation. phase the playground beating into proper hazing that can then lead to proper acceptance. everyone has useful talents. even if shes still working on putting together the proper standard debate tactics its clear she has tenacity. its clear she has endurance. its clear she has a burning passion in the things she believes. even if shes still forming these believes. is that such a crime? seems to she has some natural talent. Let it foment and develop. Dont beat it out of her now cause shes an easy target.

If you are truly disgusted by her then one or two good thrashings by the "top dogs" should have sufficed then you should have naturally shrugged and lost interest. So why the need to shoot her in the head every time she moves? Gosh this is beginning to remind me of the reaction to another young loud mouth a while back in another thread I cant begin to recall now... we all seek attention one way or another.

By the way has this ever happened to a loud mouth uncouth conservative kid thats come stumbling in here castigating the liberals only to be turned on by a pack of em? Just wondering if theres been an equal and opposite situation here before. I cant imagine it really.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Jeslek was OTCs first casualty. He was conservative (and young & naive)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Yep yep, Jeslek was definitely a polar opposite of Tank Girl, conservative to the point it made conservatives look bad. And an uninformed asshole to boot. It's not the political leanings thats getting her a hard way to go, it's more the "I have a stand!, no wait, I didn't really mean that, you just read into it what you wanted."

unclehobart

Jeslek also came instantly to mind. He was about 2 notches to the right of Atilla the Hun and as smug as a bug in a rug.