"Classic" JJR512.com threads

greenfreak

How bout a stroll down memory lane, people? There's enough JJR512.com members hanging around to get this goin. What were some of your favorite threads?

I'll let someone else start. :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
classic to me too...the first one I was really in, a huge long chat with unc on a Friday night...he pulled up a chair and lit a pipe and asked me to chat :)

unclehobart

And I saw your last post to it and asked you a counter question ... which of course went down in flames.

Anyone remember when Wetling threatend to kill me and I responded by giving him directions to my place, all of my vital statistics, photographs of the property, a primer on my daily movements, told him how to do me in, offered first class airfare, hookers, and a 5 star hotel with a massage to sweeten the deal? That was a hoot.

unclehobart

Its a little cold in here. I'm going to have to close the windows.

I also remember taking a pic of Jupiter with my digicam when it was like 1 degree off of the moon. With no special attachments, I was able to juuuust make out the storm dot on its surface... and that was holding it by hand. If only I had a tripod to steady that shot... it would have been one for the screensaver hall of fame.

unclehobart

The SHBR was awesome.

Ack.. Its been a year since I've had to think about this stuff. The grey matter isn't cooperating like it used to.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Wetling's Hideout was fun...except when I was like the only chick there and thus was put in charge of cleaning...

Inkara1

Unc, it's too bad the little bulletin board I had set up went down in a barrage of pop-up ads rather quickly. You even posted a detailed map to your house on there.

Most of what I miss from my posts there are the quick one-liners that show an almost British amount of wit. Little things, like:

Soon after JJR got out of jail for writing bad checks, he bought a really expensive digital camcorder. My response: "So, did you pay for it with a check?"

One time, HomeLAN was posting something in the trivia forum for a question where the answer ended up being "charcoal." He mentioned something that burns hotter than regular wood... but instead of "hotter," we wrote "hooter." My response: "You said hooter. :D"

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Re:

Nixy said:
Wetling's Hideout was fun...except when I was like the only chick there and thus was put in charge of cleaning...
they always do that! :hmm:

Inkara1

Considering that JJR just slapped a board up there with a trial version of Ultimate BB just to fuck around one day, it's really kind of amazing that the board was around when I was with Stephanie... then wasn't, then was, then wasn't, then was, then wasn't, then I was kind of with Melissa, then wasn't, then Cindy, then not, then Cristal, then not, then Brandi, and a long time later, not.

BlurOfSerenity

i remember my first posts.
when i was newly 14 years old.

posts like, "JJR512 rooooooooolz!!!" and is "sosososososososososososososo cool!!" or some shit like that. i was a very hyper little one.

i remember how my name there used to be Talena, like the (ULTRA SEXAY!!) former bassist of the metal group kittie.

i remember how we all came together on 9-11-03... such a long thread, updated constantly... that thread should be published and read like a book.

then there was my Duct Tape thread.... it was kinda kinky, if you know what i'm sayin'. i believe the whole post that started it off was "i just bought red ducttape" or something, with the :mischeif: smilie, or whatever.

the post with the boob-o-lanterns... anyone remember that? i think that was in the secret hidden beer room. i used to have the SHBR saved as a favorite, until i discovered (or, rather, i believe i was shown) , the secret portal.

oh, so many posts.

we were not just a mere message board... we were like a close-knit community of friendly people... a neighborhood.

but don't it always seem to go
that you don't know what you've got til it's gone?

unclehobart

Re:

Leslie said:
classic to me too...the first one I was really in, a huge long chat with unc on a Friday night...he pulled up a chair and lit a pipe and asked me to chat :)
How did I do? I remember the pipe more than the conversation itself. I couldn't say what we talked about.

Mirlyn

Re:

unclehobart said:
And I saw your last post to it and asked you a counter question ... which of course went down in flames.

Anyone remember when Wetling threatend to kill me and I responded by giving him directions to my place, all of my vital statistics, photographs of the property, a primer on my daily movements, told him how to do me in, offered first class airfare, hookers, and a 5 star hotel with a massage to sweeten the deal? That was a hoot.
Wow....I even remember that....

PrincessLissa

Re:

The bird that pooed on Ku'u. LOL And yes the one Prof started in the beer room. That was a good one.

There was one thread that meant a lot to me that HH posted to me. But that is long over with so I let the thread go down with the site.