Confused

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Sounds inviting. Just one problem. I'd have to fly to get there, which I have never done. Doesn't mean I'm all that afraid of flying, I just haven't flown. And for me to fly, I would have to be rendered unconscious during the flight, because I can't step outside to smoke on an airplane. I can't drive, because I'd have to stop somewhere for gas, and undoubtedly some asshole would say/do something to get himself killed, then I'd be stuck in jail somewhere like Moose Nuts, meeeeshigin or Braindead, ohio.

Professur

Dude, if I could put up with them, so can you. Besides, with Pay-at-the-Pump, you don't even need to deal with anyone anymore. Just make sure you've got enough gas before you hit NJ, since it's illegal to pump your own gas there. It has to be done by the highly trained high school dropout working there ... with the three facial piercings.

As for flying ... do you have a small local airport anywhere near you? Most people are surprised to learn that you can walk to the small craft airports and hire a flight there even easier than with a large carrier ... and the only smoking rules are those of the pilot.

Professur

You don't 'have' to. You could go through PA, or take the more westerly route, up through Kuntuky and Ohio. You could even swing by and collect SL and bring him with you.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Ooh, here's a thought...

1. SnP starts a webpage under the guise of some reputable purpose. Save the whales, click the monkey and win a laptop, whatever. Yet it's true purpose is to solicit donations. I figure 18-20K oughta cover it.

2. Once adequate financing is secured, I head out for Springer Mountain, GA. I commence walking northward on the AT.

3. Prof picks me up at Mount Katahdin Maine where the trail ends a scant 5-6 months later.

Seems doable from my end.

Professur

I like that. Driving through NJ is a deal breaker ... but walking 70 miles through it isn't. You're taking estrogen pills, aren't you?

Inkara1

1. SnP starts a webpage under the guise of some reputable purpose. Save the whales, click the monkey and win a laptop, whatever. Yet it's true purpose is to solicit donations. I figure 18-20K oughta cover it.

Actually, tell the truth about what you're going to do with the money. You're more likely to meet your financial goal that way. No, I'm not joking.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I like that. Driving through NJ is a deal breaker ... but walking 70 miles through it isn't. You're taking estrogen pills, aren't you?

*checks*

No.

Yeah, I'd walk the 70 before I'd drive it. I'm not likely to see anyone else walking it, thereby keeping the populace of NJ safer.

Wait a second...

Maybe I SHOULD drive it...

POStech

*snow pics please!!! Ya know i like to see them.....

January 1st 2008. From my balcony.

Picture-023.gif

Professur

It's Ok. You'll get better.

BTW, it's past new year. You can pack the Santa hat away with the tree now

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Hmm. Way off. I like it over there, though.

That's where I thought it was, Nixy. But I guess it was on the way there and I've associated it with the area.