Conversion issues *POST HERE*

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the thread to post issues from the conversion in.

Here's the list of issues not to post about:

• Missing avatar or custom title (just redo them)
  • Broken sig (just fix it yourself)
  • Ugly style (see below)

S

s4

Great job! :)

It looks like everything went real smooth.

Hope ya don't mind me signing up as s4. I liked my old nickname better. :)

oops...i just noticed that otcentral doesn't update to this page. guess, you weren't ready? i just copied the link from xibase and put otcentral in front of it to get here. sorry.:(

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's live now :headbang:

BTW, I know the site looks ugly. the style is the last thing I'm going to finish, after I fix any other issues that happened as a result of the conversion.

unclehobart

is a quickpost window on the agenda?.. or are you just concerned with problems of sheer mechanical failure right now?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Well, ok, now they are showing up, they didn't on first visit.

PT

It was odd, they showed up on main page, but when I clicked on view new posts, there weren't any, and it showed me a whole bunch of threads, some from last night. Now it seems to be working ok. Sorry.

btw, aside from the Vbulletin logo, I like the look. Of course you'll need a green theme.

S

s4

I'd like to remind people that VB has the ignore function built-in. :D

I love it!:headbang:

PT

It also has email notification enabled by default, already got 4 emails. :D

PT

They'll send you an email each time there is a response to a thread you posted in. You can turn it off in the user cp.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You can also subscribe to a thread without replying by clicking the "Subscribe to this thread" button at the bottom :headbang:

unclehobart

hmm... logged out and back in and still dont get new post arrows.

Scantastic, Dont worry about thread subscription. I never use it myself. That only really works on stupid huge boards where 100s come through and can bury posts in a heartbeat. Its like a tagging function where you can quickly find stuff in the future.

Scanty

1. I set the option to 'no' on the email notification of replies thing. But when fury posted on my 'omg' thread, I still got an email.

2. Have we just lost all the private messages we ever had, then?

PT

Yes, and even if you turn off "Email notification" you can still subcribe to threads that you want to be notified about.

PT

When you first click on User cp, down at the bottom you'll have to unsubscribe to the threads you already posted in.

I still had my PM's :confuse3: