Conversion issues *POST HERE*

unclehobart

Originally posted by Scanty
1. I set the option to 'no' on the email notification of replies thing. But when fury posted on my 'omg' thread, I still got an email.

2. Have we just lost all the private messages we ever had, then?
Look back at the first page in the user cp. At the bottom there will be a list of the threads you are subscribed to. Theres a little quick tag to unsubscribe each one. Click them all away.

Scanty

yeah I just found them again, sorry. I'm just getting a little bit confused with all this new stuff. Dunno what I'm doing or where I supposed to do it...

Scanty

on the main page, my V symbol is white on the Town Hall, indicating there is new posts there. But there isn't any :confuse3:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The forum post markers work a bit differently in vBulletin than they do in phpBB. I'm going to try and figure out how to get them working like they used to...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
a few minor bugs that will be worked out as soon as flurff, the vB KING gets some rest. It will be so much nicer with vB.

Enjoy

and

great job fury

fury

Administrator
Staff member
"Forums" is the category which all forums here are placed under. The breadcrumb (navigation bit) lists the trail from home page to the thread you're in, including every forum. E.g. if the Town Hall were put in as a subforum of the Lunatic Lounge, the breadcrumb would be like this:

Off Topic Central > Forums > Lunatic Lounge > Town Hall > thread name

and if Town Hall were moved out of the Forums category, it would look like this

Off Topic Central > Town Hall > thread name

Hopefully I said that well enough to be understood. :headbang:

Once we get a front page, its behavior will probably be changed, e.g. "Forums" (instead of "Off Topic Central") will go to the main forum index page.

Scanty

thanks fury, yes that it explained it.

Question no. 438972

What is this 'buddy list' thing?

(btw, I have been reading up on stuff, I just couldn't find it)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's basically kind of like a bulletin board version of a contact list (such as in MSN), except it doesn't pop up (at least not in vBulletin 2.2.9 - when 3.0 is available for download we will have popup buddy lists, I think)

I can't really find much use for the Buddy list since I'm rarely ever in the user cp.

whoreable

THANK GOD

I can now use emoticons in the subject.

i just wanna know the code for the defualt vb emoticons.

unclehobart

Originally posted by s4
don't suppose ya could add a hack to ignore mods/admins :D
sure... the hack for ignoring admin is deleting the board from your list of favorites and decookieing yourself.