DaVinci Code

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I think it should be good...I also think it's a bandwagon rather than actual assessments that's begetting the reviews at the moment.

unclehobart

Dave said:
i happen to like Ron Howard's movies
I can see where some of the 80's stuff he did had appeal and charm: Cocoon and Splash; he even tried to make some nice highbrow movies that had mass appeal: A Beautiful Mind and Cinderella Man... but his style is too dark and plodding... just like Clint Eastwooda stuff... very dark and slow. Such a thing worked well for A Beautiful Mind... but was positively murder with EdTV, Far and Away ... and the Ishtar of Ron Howard movies: Backdraft.

I won't pick on the early stuff in his career since he was a young director and didn't wield enough power to push around producers and the powers that be to let him make a movie strictly to his vision. We can only offer a passing blame for the likes of: Night Shift, Gung Ho, and *gag* Willow.

chcr

Too cute for words
Dave said:
i happen to like Ron Howard's movies
I liked A Beautiful Mind too.
I heard Tom Hanks say in an interview, regarding doing a movie based on a popular book, "When it's done right, it's fantastic, when it's done badly, it's 'Bonfire of the Vanities'." :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Am I the last human to not have read or seen DaVinci Code? I want to read it before I see it (actually waited for the paperback & bought it & haven't had time to open it)

Professur

No, but you may be the last who wants to and still hasn't. I've no desire to soil my grey cells with either media.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I haven't read it either, can't bother to read that. As far as I'll get is to watch the movie.

2minkey

bootlicker
nope. i haven't read or seen it. i prolly won't since it's gotten some bad reviews, and because i don't really end up seeing too many mainstream movies.

Dave

Gonz said:
Am I the last human to not have read or seen DaVinci Code? I want to read it before I see it (actually waited for the paperback & bought it & haven't had time to open it)

i waited for the paperback as well. first few chapters are boring. very easy read after that.

Gotholic

I have not read the book nor seen the movie. I will probably rent the movie when it comes out.

I hope no one here takes this jargon seriously...

unclehobart

You should. Most of the time the stuff that happens in those books are easier to relate to that the shite that they call real life.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gotholic said:
I have not read the book nor seen the movie. I will probably rent the movie when it comes out.

I hope no one here takes this jargon seriously...
Why no, not at all. ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
In defense of Gotholics statement...there are hundreds of thousands of people who actually think this fictional story has at least some revealed truths in it. Then there are hundreds of thousands who find it a threat or blasphemous to their religion. Both sides are idiots.

Please sir, may I have another?

rrfield

yep, it's a piece of fiction and should be taken as so. "for entertainment purposes only. please, no wagers."

A.B.Normal

Gonz said:
:smash2: *okay ,but remember you asked for it.

I don't plan on reading the book or seeing the movie the subject really has no interest for me either from a religious or conspiracy perspective :shrug: I go to the theater to be entertained i.e. comedy or for the geek factor i.e. Computer Graphics .

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
In defense of Gotholics statement...there are hundreds of thousands of people who actually think this fictional story has at least some revealed truths in it. Then there are hundreds of thousands who find it a threat or blasphemous to their religion. Both sides are idiots.

:grinyes: Yup. I heard someone talking about how albinos are presented in a bad light. I fell out of my chair. :lol:

If you write it down or say it in public, somebody (lots of somebodies) will take offense.