define THIS

nalani

So, I'm at a friends house last night - we're doing homework ... I'm just about ready to leave and go home, and my cell rings ... it's the dude I've been dating for the last week ... he asks if I can stop by and talk about our plans for the weekend ... it's early enough ... he's only 5 minutes away ... so, sure ... I go ... I stop by .. we talk ...

So, we're talking ... he wants to go out to dinner on Saturday and seems a little *frustrated* that I am not available for Valentine's Day on Friday ... this *relationship* is very new .. we've only dated a few times ... talked on the phone .. things like that ...

THEN he says something that totally throws me ... he says "I think it's time we define what's going on with us" ... define what's going on? DEFINE? DEFINE??? Already? What is there to define? I mean, it's only been a few dates ... He wants to define it ... *sigh*

So, I say, lightly of course, "why do we have to define anything right now? Can't we just have fun" ... needless to say, that didn't go over big with him ....

*pulls out hair in frustration*
*whistling sound*
*crash*
*burn*

unclehobart

Just so long as he doesn't look like a big scary biker type with one visible tattoo ... you should do fine.

Ruuuuun Forrest ... ruuuuun

nalani

unclehobart said:
Just so long as he doesn't look like a big scary biker type with one visible tattoo ... you should do fine.

That's it. I'm screwed.

and not in the preferred way ...

nalani

we went "out" twice ... and two other times just hung out at his house and talked ...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Damn, I don't see the problem here, he's obviously interested, that's all. So what is THIS? If you consider it just dating, say so. Maybe he just truly wants to know how serious you feel about the situation.

PT

Honey, I've had THAT before one date was through, so yeah, there could be. :wink2:

nalani

let's just say that the only time there is a "this", is when I want to introduce a guy to my kids and family ... and there has only been one person as of late that I felt I wanted to do that ... and that's after getting to know him for years :D

PT

Ok, fair enough then. btw, Your response to him was good and he should have respected that alone, in a very real way it was an answer, just one he didn't like.:shrug:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
nalani said:
let's just say that the only time there is a "this", is when I want to introduce a guy to my kids and family ... and there has only been one person as of late that I felt I wanted to do that ... and that's after getting to know him for years

:eek6: well that sure as hell ain't me.....

nalani

PuterTutor said:
Ok, fair enough then. btw, Your response to him was good and he should have respected that alone, in a very real way it was an answer, just one he didn't like.:shrug:

:D that's putting it mildly ...

there was no THAT ... and I guess the THIS that THIS is is not contingent on the THAT ... but the THIS is seen very differently by both of us ... and, to be honest, I don't need the THIS to have the THAT :headbang:

:D

unclehobart

I'm too freshly fat with my first meal in 48 hours to dwell on this right now. After 7 hours in the yard and a nice hot bath ... im starting to drift like a cloud. I dare say I will sleep deeply tonight.