Dems Again Show True Colors

chcr

Too cute for words
I was all for overwhelming force when this thing started, so it wouldn't fall apart as it has. Doesn't help matters when those with an opposing view do everything they can to put only the bad news on the front page, and never let the good news into the media at all. Then we have those who have no stake in the matter, for good or for ill, chiming in with their 2 cents worth, and denegrating everything that has to do with the reconstruction effort because they don't like the administration, and this is what you get...a miasma of idiocy and pandering topped with bullshit and rhetoric from both sides...

As for cultural understanding...I've been there 3 times and never heard so much as a bad word used against me, personally. Most of that is directed towards the US in general, whether they think we should be there or not...

Well, I was against the whole business from the beginning because even looking at the trumped up evidence, they were clearly no threat to us. The post 9/11 paranoia overcame clear thinking, IMO. Overwhelming force, as I have said time and again, was the only way it might have worked and probably still is but we wouldn't do it then and we won't do it now. Cultural understanding between two dudes that meet on the street is a lot different than that between nations and I suspect you know it.

Question though, what would you do if you were in Iraq and came upon a man brutally beating a woman?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I suspect that this path would lead inevitably to World War III.

Too late. It has already started.

Edit: The simple fact is that we will leave Iraq when the current administration leaves power (if not before) regardless of who wins.

Not a chance in hell. They'll just open the other side of their mouth.

Cerise

Umh...because the Democrats still support the troops. Because the point of this isn't to cripple the military financially, but to put a stop to what's amounting to a waste of time, effort and most of all..human life.

The dems couldn't care less about whether or not our troops are injured or killed.

They have a long history of loathing for the soldiers, for the military culture, and for cavalierly placing the lives of American military in danger while at the same time working to undermine their efforts and safety; a lib's only concern is how much THEIR PARTY can benefit.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Could you possibly come up with somethign original, once in a while, instead of reworking another post?

Cerise

Is Zawahiri promoting the dem's propaganda or are the dems promoting Zawahiri's propaganda?

Q: The American Congress recently passed a bill which ties the funding of American forces in Iraq and Afghanistan to a timetable for the withdrawal of American forces from Iraq which ends next March. What is your comment on this resolution?

A: This bill reflects American failure and frustration. However, this bill will deprive us of the opportunity to destroy the American forces which we have caught in a historic trap. We ask Allah that they only get out of it after losing two hundred to three hundred thousand killed, in order that we give the spillers of blood in Washington and Europe an unforgettable lesson which will motivate them to review their entire doctrinal and moral system which produced their historic criminal Crusader/Zionist entity.

Does Zawahiri's video contain a coded message giving the dems their next instructions?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070506/ts_nm/qaeda_zawahri_dc

spike

Sounds like Zawahiri doesn't like what the dems are doing and is trying to give instructions to the repubs.

2minkey

bootlicker
I beg you, expand on that answer.

they need each other. each group has only the existence of an "enemy" to support their own need to exist.

just like you need those imaginary "liberals" so you can show that you ain't one of 'em and therefore are somehow on top of shit.

spike

What's the confusion? Zawahiri wants us to stay in Iraq so he can kill more troops. Republicans in DC also want us to stay in Iraq.