Detainees legally held

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Gato_Solo said:
Were you in a cave in the US, Shadowfax? The Berlin Wall videos from CNN were shown as it happened. Then shown again, and again, and again, and again...Even today they use those shots in their promos. :shrug:

Oops...Houston is one step below a cave. ;) I won't delete this post because I think it's kinda funny. :p

at least everyone around the globe shares the same opinion when it comes to Houston, Texas :D

chcr

Too cute for words
freako104 said:
chic didnt you at some point say Bush and Cheny are tearing away the Constitution? I am believing you now.

I think most politicians look at the constitution as something to be circumvented. The current administration just isn't trying as hard to hide it.

freako104

to some extent I agree although I think this admin has been doing it a lot more than previous ones. Reagan did it some, Clinton Im sure did, Nixon but this is worse than any previous ones I think

freako104

PuterTutor said:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Ben Franklin.

that quote, sadly, has been falling all over deaf ears

MrBishop

If the Benjamin Franklin quotes don't work...toss out new ones.

The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force.

How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.

The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.

The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category.

The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.

There is a road to freedom. Its milestones are Obedience, Endeavor, Honesty, Order, Cleanliness, Sobriety, Truthfulness, Sacrifice, and love of the Fatherland.

Adolf Hitler

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I think They are also hiding the detanies names so when they are released, they can't prove to the press that they were held.

and tell teh press they heard "ve haf ways of making you tock"

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
MrBishop said:

Adolf Hitler

It's really too bad he was such a psychopath, huh?

MrBishop said:

:rolleyes:

Here's a few:

--We make war that we may live in peace.
Aristotle

--The purpose of all war is peace.
Saint Augustine

--There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy.
G. Washington

--We win here or lose everywhere; if we win here, we improve the chances of winning everywhere.
Gen. MacArthur

--Never turn your back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger.
Churchill

--Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.
Hemmingway

--War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stewart Mill

--The second type you have at these protests seems to be the people who want to mislabel Hitler. Everybody in the world is Hitler. Bush is Hitler, Ashcroft is Hitler, Rumsfeld is Hitler. The only guy who isn't Hitler is the foreign guy with a mustache dropping people who disagree with him into the wood chipper. He's not Hitler.
Dennis Miller

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Squiggy said:
BTW...Dennis Miller is Hitler......:tardbang:

There you go again...dropping names all willy nilly

--Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.
Hemmingway

good one

AlladinSane

MrBishop said:
I dared bring it up because it's along the same path that other countries have gone in the past. First, you detain 'political' prisoners, you remove them from society, keep them away from their families, no lawyers, no charges laid...then you interrogate them, then you torture them, then they have to dissapear, then you're digging mass-graves.

Isn't that what Apartheid was all about?
I don't know enough of apartheid but that describes perfectly CIA sponsored south american dictatorships during 60-70.(Pinochet as the most notorious as someone recalls)

Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.
Hemmingway
You know, it that is true, then Hitler was right :shrug:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stewart Mill

How true and poignant, eh Squiggy :rolleyes:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
You have no idea how bitter I get at those who post here with so much conviction in thier words and NONE in thier actions...:rolleyes:

freako104

AlladinSane said:
I don't know enough of apartheid but that describes perfectly CIA sponsored south american dictatorships during 60-70.(Pinochet as the most notorious as someone recalls)

You know, it that is true, then Hitler was right :shrug:

as much as I will hate to say this noite, we sponsered far too many dictators in the past.

Squiggy said:
:rolleyes: You really , really , REALLY should go join the Marines.

"Requirements for each service vary, but certain qualifications for enlistment are common to all branches. In order to enlist, one must be between 17 and 35 years old..."

And you Reeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy shouldn't assume I am between the ages of 17 and 35. :winkkiss:

"Did you see the statue of Hussein topple? Bill Clinton got nostalgic seeing something that big in a beret go down." —Craig Kilborn