Disagree with Obama, get branded a racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altron

Oh you mean kinda like branding people as "terrorist sympathizers" or "America haters" in an attempt to discredit them.

"Hey, we can throw labels at you but don't you dare throw them at us even when the guys has a questionably racist background"

"But yeah, we'll throw around labels like anti-christ, muslim, kenyan, eugenics, death panels, terrorist, killing grandma....but you guys don't call a questionable racist guy racist!"

Yeah, as for them.

Ok, does the fact that labelling any dissenters as anti-american, or racist, or ignorant has been done in the past make it OK to continue doing so? Maybe your dictionary has a different defintion of "change" than mine, because I kinda thought Obama promised not to participate in the same pointless idocy as Bush did. For someone who got elected on the platform of changing things for the better, saying "Well, we can keep name-calling, because that's what you guys did when Bush was in charge" doesn't really seem like a change for the better.

Ok, spike, you've found one article about the new leader of SCV possibly being racist. But as you've stated so many times, we shouldn't judge everyone based on their leaders. Wilson was associated with this organization. A few of the members are claiming that there is racism at the top. Does that mean he's a bigot? If one SCV member does something bad, should we say that everyone in the organization was involved in it?

spike

Ok, does the fact that labelling any dissenters as anti-american, or racist, or ignorant has been done in the past make it OK to continue doing so?

Not just the past. You see all the labels being thrown around now. Muslim, marxist, commie, antichrist, kenyan, death panel grandma kiler.

Oh, the only time you should be outrage is if a guy with a questionably racist background gets called a racist. I see.

Maybe your dictionary has a different defintion of "change" than mine, because I kinda thought Obama promised not to participate in the same pointless idocy as Bush did. For someone who got elected on the platform of changing things for the better, saying "Well, we can keep name-calling, because that's what you guys did when Bush was in charge" doesn't really seem like a change for the better.

Obama did not call him racist.

Wilson was associated with this organization. A few of the members are claiming that there is racism at the top. Does that mean he's a bigot? If one SCV member does something bad, should we say that everyone in the organization was involved in it?

I didn't say he was a bigot. Considering his background it's questionable though.

ResearchMonkey

Is there any reason I can't call 0bama chimpy??

It depends on your intent.

If you are saying "lol nigger monkey" -- I would say no, that is bad.

If your saying "Jesus Christi look at those ears" -- I'd say go for it and fuck anyone offended by it, its their issue not yours. (obama doesn't like being teased about his ears)

Cerise

"Oooh, oooh."

BARACK-ODUMBO-OBAMA--25314.jpg

chcr

Too cute for words
Carter's right, at least 80% of the vitriol is directly related to Obama's not being white. I've pointed it out time and again. It's quite clearly evident. Obama, on the other hand, is trying to take the high road, too bad so many of you jackasses can't see it.

Inkara1

Carter's right, at least 80% of the vitriol is directly related to Obama's not being white. I've pointed it out time and again. It's quite clearly evident. Obama, on the other hand, is trying to take the high road, too bad so many of you jackasses can't see it.

I'm glad Obama's taking the high road on that, but I'm going to have to call bullshit on the "80 percent of the vitriol" claim. I don't deny that some of the vitriol is racist but to dismiss it as being almost all racist and having nothing to do with disagreeing with his policies, ideas, etc. is just a "conversation stopper" that stifles debate on the real issues at hand.

ResearchMonkey

Oh really! Where did you get 80%, maybe you pulled it out of your ass?

From the people I know, I would say less than 10%, but I know that's higher in some places. (bigger cities, dark blue political zones, have more racism)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

No matter how many times we use actual words from his mouth or show votes he's made or found scores of reasons to dislike his real or proposed policies, we're racists?

The 60's are over. Move on.

chcr

Too cute for words
No matter how many times we use actual words from his mouth or show votes he's made or found scores of reasons to dislike his real or proposed policies, we're racists?

Not what I said. Not that you ever read what anyone writes, you just see what you wish to see and jerk your knee. Congratulations on another successful one.

vitriol
Noun
1. language expressing bitterness and hatred
Actually though, I misspoke. 99.9% of the vitriol...

You may certainly disagree strongly with someone without being hateful or resorting to what are clearly lies. If you start with the lies and the hatred, clearly you have a larger problem than disagreement over politics and policy.

The 60's are over. Move on.

That would be hilarious if it were a joke. Sadly, I'm sure you think you've made some sort of cogent point but it really means nothing, nothing at all.

spike

I'm glad Obama's taking the high road on that, but I'm going to have to call bullshit on the "80 percent of the vitriol" claim. .

It's hard to tell how much of it is racism. Also hard to tell exactly with the death panel, killing grandma, eugenics, muslim, terrorist, antichrist people.

Are they just insane? Incredibly gullible? How do they and up saying such hysterical crazy drama crap?

I mean I just saw a poll showing that a fair percentage of Jersey conservatives actually really think Obama is the antichrist.

Dave Weigel points out that one out of every three New Jersey conservatives think that Obama could be the anti-Christ. To be precise, 18% of self-identified conservatives affirmatively say that Obama is the anti-Christ, with 17% not sure. Among the self-identified Republican label, it's 14% who say Obama has the number 666 hidden underneath his hair, plus 15% who aren't sure.

What's with all the crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.