Do You smoke? Brand?

Mare

Question for smokers....What brand do you smoke? AND...Do you have the mile things on the packs....I do...But, I forget to take them off! :disgust2:

(I know-walked into a loaded gun with this thread)

ClaireBear

Banned
I smoke Malboro Lights... have done for the past 6 years! (God typing that is BAD!) Although there was a time when I smoked Benson & Hedges Super King Lights too...

I'm unsure what you mean by "mile things" Mare... but our packets are diffferent to yours anyway... we can sit on our tabs with minimal damage and they can be rescued relatively unscathed from spilt pints... ours is a cardboard flip top box!

Mare

ClaireBear said:
I smoke Malboro Lights... have done for the past 6 years! (God typing that is BAD!) Although there was a time when I smoked Benson & Hedges Super King Lights too...

I'm unsure what you mean by "mile things" Mare... but our packets are diffferent to yours anyway... we can sit on our tabs with minimal damage and they can be rescued relatively unscathed from spilt pints... ours is a cardboard flip top box!

That's what I smoke, Marlboro Light 100's....on the side of the pack, near our UPC barcode is "Miles", you save them and can redeem them for stuff out of the "Marlboro Catalog". Of course, you have to pay shipping & handling, but you can get some cool stuff out of it.

neglects to say how many years I've smoked-and someday wishes to get the WILLPOWER & STRENGTH to throw them in the trash....

Inkara1

I don't smoke, but I like the cookbooks Marlboro puts out. Some of the recipes they've got in there look really yummy.

tonksy

i smoked for 14 years. camel lights then capri ultra lights. i used to save the camel cash, had a joe camel shower curtain and a lighter.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I smoke, but have zero interest in redeeming little pieces of paper for cheesy tshirts, cheap cameras, backpacks, etc with the brand's logo all over it. I used to give them to friends routinely so they could load up on Marlboro thermos jugs and the like. Never appealed to me.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Up until December 2003, Marlboro Light 100's...I redeemed th miles once...it wasn't as bad as some poor schlubs got with sea monkeys but it was a crappy (and short lived) lighter.

ClaireBear

Banned
Ooooooh! Now I know what you're talking about...

Catalogues of goods which can be bought using tokens off the smokes packets...

No.. our government banned that kind of promotion years ago... I can remember my Nan speaking of couples who would chain smoke for weeks just to get a new sofa or dining room suite... I think the government made a waise decision!

Professur

Used to be a coupon in the pack, CB. I wandered between brands. In canada, I started off with Player's filter. Moved up to Export "A" filtre. Dropped to Export "A" medium, then Export "A" mild. Rolled my own for a bit too. In Britain, I usually smoked Embassy, or Regal. Damn I liked a Regal with a pint. Couldn't get used to offering to a table, tho. In Canada, it's not really done, but in Britain, it's bad manners to not offer your pack to everyone at the table. Getting in pints was the same.

MrBishop

Used to be Benson&Hedges Black king...then Number 7's King.... now it's whatever's cheapest..king.

...mostly what I smoke now is...less and less.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Current brand is Pall Mall menthol. Before that, Now menthol, then Marlboro Lights, preceded by Winston reds, and started with Vantage. Hopefully this next surgery hospitalization will rid me of the cravings well enough to quit altogether.

PrincessLissa

I used to smoke Camel Lights as Marlboro got icky after a while. I never saved the Camel Cash (like the miles), but we have some interesting pictures of what we did with the Camel Cash.

IMG_0326.thumb.jpg
IMG_0324.thumb.jpg
IMG_0321.thumb.jpg

Inkara1

ClaireBear said:
Ooooooh! Now I know what you're talking about...

Catalogues of goods which can be bought using tokens off the smokes packets...

No.. our government banned that kind of promotion years ago... I can remember my Nan speaking of couples who would chain smoke for weeks just to get a new sofa or dining room suite... I think the government made a waise decision!
Sofas? Dining room suites? Holy fucking shit! The most you can get from the Marlboro catalog is a nice shirt or a tent or something... certainly nothing worth several hundred, or several thousand, dollars!

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
Couldn't get used to offering to a table, tho. In Canada, it's not really done, but in Britain, it's bad manners to not offer your pack to everyone at the table. Getting in pints was the same.

Seriously!!!! Those tight bastards!!!! :D

Hell... not offering those around you cancer and a further alcohol problem is tantemount to treason on the Grey Isle!!!!! :lol2:

PrincessLissa

Inkara1 said:
Sofas? Dining room suites? Holy fucking shit! The most you can get from the Marlboro catalog is a nice shirt or a tent or something... certainly nothing worth several hundred, or several thousand, dollars!

I think that in order to get the jacket you have to have about a thousand dollars in marlboro miles. Then people are so proud of the jacket they "worked" so hard for...Sheesh.

Kruz

Smoked Marlboro for years and got lots of cool stuff from the MILES.... now I smoke BASIC LITES

FluerVanderloo

tonksy said:
i smoked for 14 years. camel lights then capri ultra lights. i used to save the camel cash, had a joe camel shower curtain and a lighter.

Aren't Capri like smoking toothpicks? I used to sell them when I worked at High's, and those boxes are so tiny!