Do You smoke? Brand?

Raven

Annoying SOB
When I have the money to get them, Malboro Lites....only really smoke them while I'm drunk though.....craving doesnt really hit me at any other time.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I started with Marlboro, then switched to JPS, then camel, then benson & hedges, then marlboro, then raleigh and stood with raleigh for a good time, then back to benson and finished with marlboro.

catocom

yep, I smoke average 1 pk/day.
I used to smoke Marlboro's but I was in a money crunch one day, and tried Doral.
I tried the miles thing, but it was too much trouble.
I get coupons for the dorals, and the actually satisfy me better.
(with the coupons, I keep um less that $2/pk)

Winky

Cat one word.

bugler6oz.jpg

9-11 bucks will last ya 'bout three weeks.

catocom

Winky said:
Cat one word.

bugler6oz.jpg

9-11 bucks will last ya 'bout three weeks.
not really.
I can smoke 3 good sized buglers, and still want a "real" cigarette.
One Doral, and I good for about 30mins to an hour.
When I was working regular, I only smoke about 10 smokes a day.

AlphaTroll

Smokes Marlboro Lights - have no clue what the hell you people are on about re redeeming shit?

Might as well quite since I smoke a packet of 20 in about a week these days :rolleyes:

chcr

Too cute for words
Smoked a pipe for 20+ years. Tobacco shop tobacco though, not the drugstore stuff. Miss it all the time, although I'm not sure it's the habit (don't inhale after all) or the ritual. When the first grandkid was born, I quit. Ten years now...

Uki Chick

I smoke Matinee Slim 100's menthol, but also switch from time to time to Avanti light 100's. Depending on my mood. I do want to quit, but it's easier said than done. Although, I smoke about 5 cigs a day only, so it's really not that bad. Just have to cut it down some more.

HomeLAN

chcr said:
When the first grandkid was born, I quit. Ten years now...

Funny how those damn kids will do to to you, huh? All I had to see was V2.0 mimic the hand to mouth movement, and they were gone. 2.5 years for me.

AlphaTroll

My 2 year old nephew got hold of a brand new packet of mine (which was still wrapped, lying on my dressing room table) - he opened it and broke each & every one...think he's trying to tell me something?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
AlphaTroll said:
My 2 year old nephew got hold of a brand new packet of mine (which was still wrapped, lying on my dressing room table) - he opened it and broke each & every one...think he's trying to tell me something?
Smart kid. Time to beat him.

I smoke GPC's, they're cheap, they don't taste too much like horseshit.

Uki Chick

New hope to beat Smoking

Los Angeles, May 15 (Kashar News): A NEW nicotine vaccine which could help smokers give up has been put on trial with very Positive results. After being injected with the vaccine, some smokers were able to kick the habit immediately, results of the first large human trial reveal.

341 smokers aged 18 to 70 took part in the study. All participants had been smoking 10 to 40 cigarettes a day for at least three years. The vaccine - codenamed CYT002-NicQb - works by binding the nicotine with antibodies in the blood to prevent the drug passing into the brain.

Jacques Cornuz, of the University Hospital of Lausanne, said: “The data clearly suggest that antibodies against nicotine are effective in helping people quit smoking. I believe the vaccine approach has the potential to dramatically alter the way we will treat smoking addiction.”

Smoking status was assessed between eight weeks and twenty-four weeks after the treatment. Those who produced the most antibody were also the most likely to be able to stop smoking; 57 per cent did. Surprisingly, 31 per cent of the placebo group were also able to stop smoking, a much higher figure than would be expected normally. This shows the value of counselling combined with the belief that they were being given an effective treatment.

At least four companies are testing nicotine vaccines: Cytos Biotechnology (Zurich), whose vaccine Cornuz studied, Xenova Group of Berkshire (England), Nabi Biopharmaceuticals (Florida), and Prommune (Omaha).

Source

Thought it might be fitting for this thread.

Dave

used to smoke Marlboro Lights. 2 ppd habit. quit cold turkey about 11 years ago.
IIRC, a pack of smokes was going for around $1.25 back then.

catocom

Uki Chick said:
New hope to beat Smoking

Los Angeles, May 15 (Kashar News): A NEW nicotine vaccine which could help smokers give up has been put on trial with very Positive results. After being injected with the vaccine, some smokers were able to kick the habit immediately, results of the first large human trial reveal.

341 smokers aged 18 to 70 took part in the study. All participants had been smoking 10 to 40 cigarettes a day for at least three years. The vaccine - codenamed CYT002-NicQb - works by binding the nicotine with antibodies in the blood to prevent the drug passing into the brain.

Jacques Cornuz, of the University Hospital of Lausanne, said: “The data clearly suggest that antibodies against nicotine are effective in helping people quit smoking. I believe the vaccine approach has the potential to dramatically alter the way we will treat smoking addiction.”

Smoking status was assessed between eight weeks and twenty-four weeks after the treatment. Those who produced the most antibody were also the most likely to be able to stop smoking; 57 per cent did. Surprisingly, 31 per cent of the placebo group were also able to stop smoking, a much higher figure than would be expected normally. This shows the value of counselling combined with the belief that they were being given an effective treatment.

At least four companies are testing nicotine vaccines: Cytos Biotechnology (Zurich), whose vaccine Cornuz studied, Xenova Group of Berkshire (England), Nabi Biopharmaceuticals (Florida), and Prommune (Omaha).

Source

Thought it might be fitting for this thread.
This is really a dangerous thing.
Basically it stops only the feeling you get from the nicotine. (e.g. the calming effect)
It's like someone trying to quit 'cold turkey', only if you decide to change your
mind, too freakin bad. You can get the effect. That could set some people off.