edibile oddities

DFisherman

Fries with mayonnaise. Up here it's not so strange, but I know it seems odd to a lot of other folks.

- DFisherman

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
DFisherman said:
Fries with mayonnaise. Up here it's not so strange, but I know it seems odd to a lot of other folks.

- DFisherman

You canucks eat mayo on everything, don't you? :lloyd:

DFisherman

Funny thing is, I personnaly only eat mayonnaise with fries or on a tuna melt. Otherwise, I don't really use it that much.

- DFisherman

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
On (in) potato or tuna salad, or maybe sometimes on a sub, that's about it. I have no idea where that idea came from. :confuse3:

DFisherman

I forgot about potato salad....hmmm, potato salad with schnitzel, bratwurst, saurkraut, pumpernickle, a sour pickle and a beer.

- DFisherman

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
On (in) potato or tuna salad, or maybe sometimes on a sub, that's about it. I have no idea where that idea came from. :confuse3:

The Whole Nine Yards...and visiting Canada. I've seen mayo on burgers, fries, hot dogs, pizza, and even used as a dip for chips. Just not in the States.

BeardofPants

chcr said:
I also really like wasabi, but I don't know if it grosses anyone out.

I love wasabi!! I like to smear it directly on the sushi instead of mixing it with the soy sauce so that when I eat it, it'll make everything sting. :lloyd:

Gato_Solo

BeardofPants said:
I love wasabi!! I like to smear it directly on the sushi instead of mixing it with the soy sauce so that when I eat it, it'll make everything sting. :lloyd:

Mix it with a little brown mustard...:grinyes:

DFisherman

I live around Koreatown in Toronto so I can get Wasabi and Wasabi-flavoured things like chips and soy nuts and even Wasabi-flavoured Ice Cream. It's...well, it's interesting.

- DFisherman

DFisherman

kuulani said:
Anyone here try fafaru?

*runs away before the smell permeates the thread*

Makes me think of a product somewhat similar which the Ancient Romans used to do called garum.

Link to an associated article: Garum

Cheers,

- DFisherman

tonksy

i knew a guy in the navy that put kethcup on everything. i mean everything. pancakes, steak...one time i about threw up when he poured it on his tuna casserole.

DFisherman

tonksy said:
i knew a guy in the navy that put kethcup on everything. i mean everything. pancakes, steak...one time i about threw up when he poured it on his tuna casserole.

I have a cousin that was nuts for the stuff as well when she was young. Poured it on everything. Now, twenty-years later, she can't stand the stuff.

Cheers,

- DFisherman

MrBishop

Fried penutbutter and banana sammiches :D

Goat, Ox, Cows-heart soup, cow-tongue soup mmmm

Horse, venison, moose (not so good) and cariboo (kinda gamey).

Snails, chocolate-covered bees, calamari and most tsushi

hmmm...the really weird stuff>?!?

boiled banana (green) which is great, BTW!

BeardofPants

DFisherman said:
I live around Koreatown in Toronto so I can get Wasabi and Wasabi-flavoured things like chips and soy nuts and even Wasabi-flavoured Ice Cream. It's...well, it's interesting.

- DFisherman

I haven't had wasabi icecream, but I have tried a red bean icecream. Interesting indeed....