edibile oddities

DFisherman

BeardofPants said:
I haven't had wasabi icecream, but I have tried a red bean icecream. Interesting indeed....

Green Tea Ice Cream is also quite interesting. A little too chalky for my taste, though.

Cheers,

- DFisherman

tonksy

DFisherman said:
Green Tea Ice Cream is also quite interesting. A little too chalky for my taste, though.

Cheers,

- DFisherman
BTW, i love the av. jim ignatowski is the greatest. that was my favorite show as a child.

DFisherman

tonksy said:
BTW, i love the av. jim ignatowski is the greatest. that was my favorite show as a child.

Yes, Christopher Llyod was quite good in a show that had many other fine actors (Kaufman, De Vito, Hirsch, Kane). Still, Reverend Jim was always my favourite character.

Cheers,

- DFisherman

tonksy

DFisherman said:
Yes, Christopher Llyod was quite good in a show that had many other fine actors (Kaufman, De Vito, Hirsch, Kane). Still, Reverend Jim was always my favourite character.

Cheers,

- DFisherman
latka and simka. man....i miss that show.

tank girl

we have this thing here each year down south called the "wild foods festival" -with all sorts of unimaginable things, from possum to worms to snails etc the speciality, however, is 'fried huhu grubs' I went to a similar event up the coast once and had one.

yum yum! :licklips: tasted like peanut-butter! seriously!

HeXp£Øi±

tank girl said:
we have this thing here each year down south called the "wild foods festival" -with all sorts of unimaginable things, from possum to worms to snails etc the speciality, however, is 'fried huhu grubs' I went to a similar event up the coast once and had one.

Are those the ones you get from under tree bark?

tonksy

tank girl said:

:laugh5: my mom ate those in hawaiian and she loved them, she ate a ton of them...until someone told her what they were.

BeardofPants

LOL! My mother did the same thing with octopus - loved it... right up until she found what it was. :grinno:

I've actually had green tea ice-cream as well ... it was rather unremarkable (bland). I guess their sweet tooth isn't as developed as the western worlds. ;)

PrincessLissa

BeardofPants said:
LOL! My mother did the same thing with octopus - loved it... right up until she found what it was. :grinno:
I hated it. The texture was all rubbery and I could feel the suckers on my tounge. It was horrible. It was in Mexico that I tried it, but everything else that came with it was AWESOME!

Sharky

Pickled eggs

Smoked oysters

Monkey stew

Kimchi

Grouper cheeks

Fried chicken livers

Conch fritters

A.B.Normal

Sea Cucumber
tn_seacucumber.jpg

Keyhole Limpet
keyhole%20limpet.jpg

unclehobart

Sharky said:
Pickled eggs

Smoked oysters

Monkey stew

Kimchi

Grouper cheeks

Fried chicken livers

Conch fritters
ugh. You lost me with the chicken livers. My dad loves them and served them at least once a month. I took many a beating refusing to eat them. I wont even touch a container of them as it brings back childhood trauma.

BlurOfSerenity

tomatoes.
i've found that a lot of people hate tomatoes.
when i'm lugging around a combat-size bottle o' tomato juice, just swiggin' it outta the bottle.... i get the weirdest looks :(

Inkara1

Maybe because the hurricanes this summer caused a nationwide tomato shortage, and you're slamming the tomatos away like they're going out of style.

A.B.Normal

Mare said:
And what the heck is Kimchi???

Pickled cabbage .I remember the MASH episode where the Locals were burying Kimchii pots and Frank thought the were planting explosives , :lol2: oh that wacky Frank.