Everyone Has To Update Their Pictures In The Gallery - SERIOUSLY!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
ah, gotcha. I didn't realize that you had a "home" outside of the ship in Halifax, I thought you lived in Saint John when you weren't on board the ship.

Inky: What does me moving have to do with him moving to Toronto? You're seriously losing your touch, if you had said "Nixy is looking at moving, maybe she should move there with you" or something that woulda made sense...but "Nixy is looking to move so you should move to Toronto" doesn't make ANY sense :p

Oh, and I know what you mean about not being a big city person K62, once I'm fairly establish in my career and company I plan to either take off to one of our west coast offices (calgary or vancouver...i know they're big cities but I hear they're more laid back than Toronto)...or maybe I'll just head a bit North and work out of our "north toronto" office and live in a little town an hour or so north of the city :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh, and we do some work in Halifax, if a Halifax office ended up being opened I'd be there in a heart beat, I wouldn't even hang around here to get the extra opportunities that one ends up getting at the head office...I'd go tomorrow, no questions asked. I'd love to live on the east coast providing I had a job and didn't live in a little tiny town in the middle of nowhere...30min is my limit for driving to a grocery store.

K62

Yeah, well Vancouver is a big city, but it's just... different than Toronto. Vancouver is a beautiful city (with the exception of a few streets), mountains any direction you look pretty much. If you get the chance go to Victoria! I spent half of last year out there, it was great!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It'll be a couple years before I move out west (if I move out west). The east coast is the only thing that could pull me away from the Toronto office right now. Not because I love Toronto so much but because being our head office the learning opportunities and opportunities to grow are the most abundant here.

Inkara1

I figured you weren't going to move away from Toronto because of your job. Part of the humor in that one was being based in reality for you and absurdity for him.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm a consulting engineer. I work in our restoration department. I do investigations when something is wrong with a building (leaks, damaged brick, etc), we design repairs, we tender the repairs to contractors and then oversee the repairs.

Toolbox™

I'm a consulting engineer. I work in our restoration department. I do investigations when something is wrong with a building (leaks, damaged brick, etc), we design repairs, we tender the repairs to contractors and then oversee the repairs.

And if I never quit university, that's what I would be... an engineer. I'm so stupid! :(

Toolbox™

Too late... I now have a son that I need to support and haven't gotten to the stage in where I have enough money to live off of the interest yet. :)