Fair food

Discussion in 'Good Food' started by tonksy, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Gonz

Gonz molṑn labé Staff Member

cheese? are you nutz? powdered sugar is enough

2. Professur

Professur Well-Known Member

OK, here's a little bit of information for any would be (real) BBQers out there. You won't ever run into this when grilling up hamburgers, but when you're doing lo'n'slo, there's something called a plateau. You hit it at about 150F (temp in the middle of the meat) and the meat can sit at that temp for hour upon hour. What's happening is the fat is rendering down (and making that tough stringy meat all nice and juicy). The more fat you leave on, the longer it's gonna plateau .... so if you're on a deadline, carve off some of that fat before heading to the grill. Otherwise you stand a pretty fair chance of finishing up around 8pm instead of 5pm, and leaving a really great meal for everyone else at the cottage to enjoy tomorrow while you're back if the friggin' city eating something outta the microwave.

3. Nixy

Nixy Elimi-nistrator Staff Member

That doesn't really have anything to do with fair food...but good to know.

4. paul_valaru

paul_valaru 100% Pure Canadian Beef

I tried my first funnel cake over the weekend...

it was ok

5. A.B.Normal

A.B.Normal New Member

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/080827/K082706AU.html

:eek::eek:

6. pc_builder

pc_builder New Member

I don't eat fair food much anymore. But I'll still have a footlong corndog and mini donuts once in awhile. And fresh squeezed lemonade.

7. Professur

Damn, now I'm hungry

8. Nixy

Nixy Elimi-nistrator Staff Member

Look in your cupboard thing, I bet you have some of them noodles you like so much in there :D

9. Professur

Don't you have some photos to mail?

10. Professur

Still waiting.

11. valkyrie

valkyrie Well-Known Member

Beer is my favorite fair food. Just volunteered at Eeyore's Birthday Party (50th). We serve local brewery beer, donated to the event. All proceeds go to local charities.