fat tire

Sharky

Sigh . . . yet another excellent beer unavailable here because the redneck locals think any beer besides Bud is for pussies. :rolleyes: :disgust2:

It's time to drive to Tallahassee to stock up on the good stuff (college towns usually have a pretty good selection).

At least we have Modelo Especial and Negra Modelo, thanks to all the Mexican construction workers building condos on the beach requesting it! :cool:

Kuulani, if they have Fat Tire in Tally I'll buy some and try it. :toast:

kuulani

I don't think they sell Fat Tire anywhere in Hawaii ... I tried it in Fisherman's Wharf :beerbang:

We have Modelo here, I also like Pacifico and Corona. Bud is good for a buzz, it does it's job :D

Moosehead is also a favorite of mine, as well as Bass and Kirin.

Sharky

Ah, that's right, you're in SF. Wave to my brother and his wife across the bay in El Cerrito! :D

Ain't knockin' Bud - like you said, it delivers. But it's still good to enjoy some beerier beer every once in a now and then. :licklips:

There is a liquor store on the beach that carries Bass, Guinness and Harp - there's a rather large contingent of Brits on the west end of the beach, and they keep a fresh supply on hand for them. When I'm out that way I pick some up (Bass and Harp, not Brits). :cool:

Sharky

Ooops . . . I just saw your post in your SF thread saying you are back in HI.

[emily litella]Never mind . . .[/emily litella]

tonksy

Sharky - We will be traversing I-10 in a week or so. Would you like a meet up and perhaps a beer goodie bag?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'm with the shark. There's the daily fodder, but on occasion it's nice to step outside the usual and have a bit of strange. I loves my Rolling Rock, and can tolerate a Coors or MGD. Sometimes though a different taste is quite welcome.

2minkey

bootlicker
fat tire is a very nice beer and new belgium is a very cool company. they'll actually show up and do promo stuff to support new/small bars and restaurants that don't have the cash flow to fluff many other so-called "microbreweries."

kuulani

I'm with the shark. There's the daily fodder, but on occasion it's nice to step outside the usual and have a bit of strange. I loves my Rolling Rock, and can tolerate a Coors or MGD. Sometimes though a different taste is quite welcome.

Ooh, rolling rock is nice too :D

tonksy

Sam Adams Bostan ALE is my cheap beer but their lager is passable - not to mention great to cook with.

2minkey

bootlicker
I just don't like a beer I have to chew. Some of them froo-froo pretty boy beers require dipping sauce they're so yeasty.

perhaps. but one could suggest that what you prefer is barely beer at all.

i'm sure this is someone's slogan...

"real beer is does not use rice as an adjunct."

tonksy

Bud does that.
Actually, lots of beer use an adjunct of some kind and many use corn. Beeradvocate.com is a good source for investigating a brew.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Bud does that.
Actually, lots of beer use an adjunct of some kind and many use corn. Beeradvocate.com is a good source for investigating a brew.

Only you and Unc would know that some beers have corn...my question is did he find out the easy or the hard way? :lloyd:

chcr

Too cute for words
I hadn't realized there were so many Rolling Rock fans on the board. I raise my green bottle to you. :D

I generally prefer draught to bottles or cans though, and lager or pilsner to heavier brews. I'm sure I've mentioned The Flying Saucer on here before. 75+ beers and ales on tap (heaven, I'm in heaven...). I first went to the one in Memphis but we make a few pilgrimages to the Nashville location per year for brats, kraut and beer.