fat tire

POStech

Tea is with 2 milk & 3 sugar. Fav cookie is White chocolate with macadamia nut and fav friut, banana, melons & raspberry.

tonksy

Tea is with 2 milk & 3 sugar. Fav cookie is White chocolate with macadamia nut and fav friut, banana, melons & raspberry.

I suggest you try a pale ale or a wheat ale. A lot of those can be infused with fruity tones which I think you might enjoy. Sweetwater blue, if it can be found in your area is a nice one...but being that you are a canuck, I would recommend Mcauslan apricot wheat ale. It's really good, I feel in love with it when I was up there and judging from your penchant for light sweet flavors I think you would like it. You may also want to try a lambic. Those range from light to heavy depending on the fruit used. I suggest a peach. Raspberry lambic are yummy but you may find them a tad heavy.
I think Nixy would love a berry lambic. I know how much she loves her amaretto.

Sharky

Mellow mushroom has apparently turned to crap. I have never been there but had some of a take out pie and it was lousy.

Sorry Sharky, the Mellow Mushroom (at least the three I've been to) blows (if you're going to present yourself as a pizza joint, you ought to at least make a decent pie). The food's not very good and the prices are terrifying. We've got one here in town, I've eaten at one in Nashville (there might be two) and one in Lexington. They were comparable to one another.

There's really no comparison between it and the Flying Saucer, IMO.

T, re "good" beers, I've tried plenty, liked some of them and didn't like others. When I'm going to sit around drinking one or two between sets or with dinner or with a few friends I prefer something lighter, that's all. If we all liked the same stuff, all beer would taste the same now, wouldn't it?

Well, dang. It's been a while since I had their pizza - the last time was in Asheville with Precious a couple of years ago - it wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as KC's Pizza in Vernon. If I recall, the crust at the 'Shroom was kinda doughy, like Domino's. KC's has a thinner, New Yawk-style crust, and spicier sauce. It's really hard to beat. :licklips:

It'll be interesting to see how good the 'Shroom here turns out to be. I'd be going there for the beer anyway. :toast:

chcr

Too cute for words
If we ever see ya's up in our neck o' th' woods here we'll run ya down to Marina's on the Square. They'll set ya up with a pie that'll bring tears to yer eyes.

tonksy

Rob and I hit a mexican joint last night that 32 oz Dos Equis Amber for $5. It was so beautiful! I had to lift the mug with 2 hands!
*Wipes tear from eye

chcr

Too cute for words
[Homer]Mmm.... Dos Equis Amber...[/Homer]

Ask most people to name a Mexican beer and they'll name Corona. Coincidentally, if you ask most people to name a bodily fluid, they'll name urine. That's why I feel the need to educate the masses about Dos Equis Amber which is so superior to Corona you'd think that Corona came from Guatemala.

The Beer Belly

Sharky

Found some Boddington's Pub Ale when I went to get some Harp and Guinness. They were out of Guinness Draft, so i bought the Boddington's, which, like Guinness Draft, comes in pint cans with the gas widget doodad.

BLEAH

That stuff tastes like paint thinner. :grumpy:

$7.59 for 4 pints. I want my got-dam money back.

unclehobart

Boddingtons is good stuff so long as the stuff isnt old or exposed to heat. Its price tends to make it sell slow... so it invariably gets exposed to both age and heat... making it take like a can full of nickels.

Sharky

Boddingtons is good stuff so long as the stuff isnt old or exposed to heat. Its price tends to make it sell slow... so it invariably gets exposed to both age and heat... making it take like a can full of nickels.

This was the first time they had it on their shelves, but there's no telling how long it sat in the distributor's warehouse. I think you're right, it may have been old. It wasn't exactly skunky, but everyone who tasted it made the same face - kind of like: :sick4:

"Can full of nickels" describes the taste perfectly. :D

It was incredibly smooth, however - i would try it again if the supply was fresh. It damn sure packed a punch, too.