favorite band?

Aunty Em

All time favourite - Early Queen -

Nevermore
The Fairy Fellers Master Stroke
Sheer Heart Attack
Seven Seas of Rye

Never really took to anything much after Jazz it just got too commercial.

I also like Led Zepplin and plenty of other classic rock bands. I have very wide ranging musical tastes it just depends on what mood I'm in what I play. Sometimes I'll play creed and at others Mozart.

freako104

i forgot to add a few
pink floyd
led zeppelin
slayer
deicide
enya
enigma
chrsitian death
older korn
old metallica
fear factory
david bowie
phil collins(no its not ritalin i really am that boring)
elton john

dan

topmost favourite: dorothy moore's version of misty blue.... it's the most wonderfully beautiful ode to a broken heart ever.

but, just for illustration, i have about 500-odd cds and a 20 gig harddrive overflowing with mp3s... choosing from amongst all that lot would be impossible. i love everything, from the cheesiest s club, mixed with a nice bit of napalm death, swing by sinatra and ending up in some weird-ass kid606... it's all good stuff :)

Let's go to Rock World!

HomeLAN

The Beatles. Can't really pick a favorite song, there are just too many good ones. I guess "A Day In the Life" comes close.

whoreable

personally i hate it when people say they love every kind of music. do you have no brain or something? can you not make up your own mind? but then again that is just me. what do i know?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Hmm. I call it a broad interest. I do have my favorites, but I listen to just about anything. About the only kind of music I will turn off or actively avoid is modern country, even then, theres a few that are catchy.

Aunty Em

whoreable said:
achy breaky heart :cool:

:grumpy:

Wide ranging does not mean everything, and definately not that! :bash:

Country I can live without even if it is the biggest music genre in the world and therefore the most profitable for a lyracist.

Ardsgaine

Band, eh? That pretty much makes it about popular music, since you didn't ask for favorite orchestra or composer...

Let's see then... I think the band I have loved the most and identified with the most would have to be The Who. Favorite album... that's a toss up between Quadrophenia and Who's Next. Favorite song... tough decision. Today it's "The Punk and the Godfather."

Altron

My dad went to a The Who concert. He was right next to the speaker and couldn't drive home :D

Ardsgaine

Altron said:
My dad went to a The Who concert. He was right next to the speaker and couldn't drive home :D

I went to see them in Orlando on their first Farewell Tour back in '82. It was at the... what is that? Citrus Bowl, Tangerine Bowl, Fruit Salad Cocktail Bowl-- something like that. We were on about the fifty yard line about halfway up, which would've been great if they were playing football, but wasn't so hot for a concert. Still, it was pretty loud. Great fun, seeing my heroes in person, even if they were the size of D&D miniatures.

HomeLAN

Didn't see them until 89. A really good second choice for me.

BTW, Quadrophenia kicks Who's Next ass. Best song on that one is either The Rock or The Real Me.

Ardsgaine

HomeLAN said:
Didn't see them until 89. A really good second choice for me.

BTW, Quadrophenia kicks Who's Next ass. Best song on that one is either The Rock or The Real Me.

Heh. Well, Who's Next is a close second. There are a lot of good songs on that album.

I almost put down The Real Me for my favorite song. All the songs on Quad are good, and there's a sense in which the whole album is just one long song. Rock and Roll just didn't get any better than that.

I have to be careful not to preach
I can't pretend that I can teach,
And yet I've lived your future out
By pounding stages like a clown.
And on the dance floor broken glass,
The bloody faces slowly pass,
The broken seats in empty rows,
It all belongs to me you know.

freako104

dont you mean bad ass? he rocked at ozzfest. it was hilarious when he said were primus and were very sorry while the crowed yelled you suck to them.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
*bump*

Favorite band - W.A.S.P.

Others include KISS, AC/DC, Every Mother's Nightmare, and Motorhead.

Favorite song - Invisible by Dio

Favorite W.A.S.P. song - The Flame

Starya

Ooh, old thread..

I can't say I have one specific all time favourite. So let's just go with what I presently love the most:

Dredg - The Canyon Behind Her

Others that are close to the top:
Die Warzau - Superbuick
Depeche Mode - Freestate
A Perfect Circle - Blue
Tool - Sober

And so on and so forth..

rrfield

Favorite band - Beatles.
others - White Stripes, Dave Matthews Band (pre-2000), Talking Heads.

Songs. Per Band. In order stated above.
In My Life, Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground, Lie in Our Graves, Naive Melody.