Feeling strange...

Lopan

Gato_Solo said:
Ahh, take off your bowler hat, and cram it in your umbrella. :grinyes:

Actually I'm wearing a pith Helmet and safari suit. Just about to ride an Elephant into the dark indian jungle to hunt some tigers, then its port at raffles by 6

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Lopan said:
Actually I'm wearing a pith Helmet and safari suit. Just about to ride an Elephant into the dark indian jungle to hunt some tigers, then its port at raffles by 6

:lol: Love the visual...especially those shorts. You don't happen to have a large, bushy, moustache, do you? :rofl:

Lopan

Gato_Solo said:
:lol: Love the visual...especially those shorts. You don't happen to have a large, bushy, moustache, do you? :rofl:

Damn right and a monocle

Sefari.jpg

eccentricity. Its what we do best

chcr

Too cute for words
ClaireBear said:
Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!!

I'm sick of being young!!!!!! I'm sick of having no one and nothing... leading a pointless life, with a pointless job (yes the world will definitely cope if I never turned up to work ever again!)

I'm 24... living with my parents in my family home, with a minimum wage job for which I'm over qualified for... and all I want is to actually have someone to ask someone to move their lager so I can polish underneath it and remind him and his mates to remove their shoes when they come staggering in from the pub so as not to mark the carpet, as you say someone to go round Ikea with a buy cheap pointless house wares...

For me even climbing up a church wall to look at templar symbolism would be a plus... to even fall off the church would be a plus....

I have an absolutely stinking hangover... :sick: I was drinking on Saturday night! Its monday!!!! How crap am I? :mope:

*sigh* How little you really understand. I'm sick of having to hobble around the house for twenty minutes each morning before my legs start working normally.
I'm sick of my mortgage payment on a house that is not really the home of my dreams but rather the home I could afford.

I'll bet that your minimum wage job leaves you with more free spending cash most weeks than my more than double minimum wage job (which I too am overqualified for) does me. I heal slowly, take much longer to do most bodily functions and if I got roaring drunk tonite, I'd still be hungover next Saturday. You just don't know when you've got it good.

OTOH, I've been on my own since I was eighteen (well, until I married anyway).

I'd trade a hell of a lot of it away to be 24 again. :shrug:

Everyone feels this way, more or less.

End of rant, go on about your business.

Lopan

ClaireBear said:
Thanks Chcr! :hug:

Oh and Mitch! Dave!... Thread deviation in the extreme! This is not a wall pissing contest! :D

Everything is a wall pissing contest, anyway he started it by calling scones biscuits.

I thought about how to make your 20's less irritating. I think we need to stop expecting everything to happen at once. It takes time to get the things you want in life and we have already made good foundations now we just need some more bricks and cement. Possibly trips to a non stampede Ikea aswell.

ClaireBear

Banned
Lopan said:
Everything is a wall pissing contest, anyway he started it by calling scones biscuits.

I thought about how to make your 20's less irritating. I think we need to stop expecting everything to happen at once. It takes time to get the things you want in life and we have already made good foundations now we just need some more bricks and cement. Possibly trips to a non stampede Ikea aswell.

Foundations?

You may have good prospects boy-o but I... I'm doomed... doomed I tell ya! ... doomed! *needless Dad's Army impression* (My this thread is getting very Blighty Biased!)

"Bricks and Cement?"... eh?

Non-stampede Ikea... that surely is an oxymoron... it never happens! :p

Lopan

You will be ok :D I know you don't want to leave your beloved toon, but you have to to get that dream teaching job!

Mines not a gimme either, lots of work to do yet.

ClaireBear

Banned
Lopan said:
You will be ok :D I know you don't want to leave your beloved toon, but you have to to get that dream teaching job!

Ack no! Leave sunny Newcastle... Haway Man! Had away and shite!

Mines not a gimme either, lots of work to do yet.

A "gimme"... you mean a given?

Yes folks... even in a country half the size of some of your states we still don't know what the hell each other are on about half the time... :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Lopan said:

Biscuits do not contain sugar...barbarian. :D

Anyway...this IS OTC. :grinyes:

ClaireBear

Banned
Gato_Solo said:

Actually... I thought your pictures looked more like cornbread? :shrug:

And biscuits DO have sugar in them... we have centuries more heritage to prove it too!!!!!!

The God Eddie Izzard said:
Oh my God.. that house is 50... years...old! Surely nothing could have lived back then!

Lopan

Gato_Solo said:

He's right I am a barbarian, my house has trillabytes in the walls near the basement and its walls are 2 feet thick.

Although don't Americans eat weiners? I mean really come on.

i don't think you can insult Britsih food anymore, I think we have more Michelin starred restaurants then France. Everytime my brother comes back from the states he wonders why there are so many themed restaurants "Big crab" or "Red Lobster" that have an all you can eat menu. Fat bastards

ClaireBear

Banned
Lopan said:

i don't think you can insult Britsih food anymore, I think we have more Michelin starred restaurants then France. Everytime my brother comes back from the states he wonders why there are so many themed restaurants "Big crab" or "Red Lobster" that have an all you can eat menu. Fat bastards

Hey! Have a bit more respect for the Septics will ya! Some are actually rather nice!

And besides you'll wake the Canadians... :D :D

chcr

Too cute for words
Lopan said:
Damned straight we do! With loads of sauerkraut and mustard, a huge side of fries (freedom or french, it's all taters) and an ice cold beer to wash it down with. Ambrosia...

Gato, those funny talking (and thinking) brits think cookies are biscuits. I don't know what they think biscuits are. :D

Edit: ar ar ar

Lopan

chcr said:
Damned straight we do! With loads of sauerkraut and mustard, a huge side of fries (freedom or french, it's all taters) and an ice cold beer to wash it down with. Ambrosia...

Gato, those funny talking (and thinking) brits think cookies are biscuits. I don't know what they think biscuits are. :D

Edit: ar ar ar

Kebabs all the way, or a cheeky Indian always goes well with beer.

We have biscuits and cookies

Biscuits:
_38205510_rich_tea300.jpg

Source

cookies:
grab.gif

chcr

Too cute for words
They're all cookies here. :shrug:
We really are "two countries separated by a common language," aren't we? :D

Lopan

I'm not sure what differentiates a cookie and a biscuit? I have an inkling its a 2nd world war rationing thing. Some grand parents here still think bananas are rare and shoe soles are edible.

abooja

I thought it was an accepted fact that English cuisine is one of the worst on earth. Tea and "biscuits" are fine, but don't bother eating anything else all day long. :p

ClaireBear

Banned
Lopan said:
I'm not sure what differentiates a cookie and a biscuit?

To me the distinction is quite plain...

Cookies are plyable and maluable... they don't "snap" when broken they need to be pulled apart. But anything with "bollocks" such as choc chips or smarties and iceing... no matter what their texture they are still COOKIES!

Biscuits are dry and can be snapped... usually plain and boring and traditional. Anything chocolate covered is "snappable" with a tendency of dying when dunked in tea/coffee is still a BISCUIT!

Just where that leaves the "jaffa cake" I have no idea...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Around these parts, a cookie is a sweet treat; a biscuit holds yer sausage or provides a vehicle to get th' gravy in yer mouth.