Football

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
SouthernN'Proud said:

And go they did, sadly.

I can handle them losing...hell, I was shocked they made the playoffs at all. But the way they lost sucks wind. If not for a ten minute stretch in the first quarter when they needed the Jaws of Life to get their heads out of their bums, might have been different.

Oh well. Now I can get busy rooting against the Colts, Pats, Panthers, and/or 'Skins.

woodman19_99

Yeah, QB's starting their first playoff game didn't fair so well this weekend... Eli, Simms, Palmer (ouch!), not so good.

All I know is the Pats won, and decisively at that. Jax was a REALLY overrated team... 12-4, but they play Houston and Tennesse twice, Baltimore, San Francisco, and Cleveland that I can remember...

Oh well... onto Denver for a nice rematch. Interesting, how all the games (both AFC and NFC) coming up are rematches of regular season games...

Stop Laughing

If the NFC rematches all repeat (BTW, we beat them by 10 with Orton, why now with Grossman are we only favored by 3?), we'll have yet another rematch with the Redskins in the NFC title game... and this time we won't have a rookie QB making his debut. I am so excited, Da Bears could very well be on the verge of dominance. Anyone see that commercial with the way off predictions? I'm sure many Bear fans were saying that we might not win 3 games this year after we lost Grossman, seriously. I love that jab at Rosenhaus, too. :D

mx-6*

Actually I think Orton has more starts than Grossman. He's not a rookie but he may as well be.

If the Redskins can get by the damned overrated Seahawks they shouldn't have much trouble with the Bears either. Thats a big if though.

tonksy

mx-6* said:
Actually I think Orton has more starts than Grossman. He's not a rookie but he may as well be.

If the Redskins can get by the damned overrated Seahawks they shouldn't have much trouble with the Bears either. Thats a big if though.
:hmm:
Overrated? We'll see....

Inkara1

Do you still have family in Atascadero? I'm back at the Atascadero News, this time as the sports reporter.

mx-6*

Actually my parents moved.

They live near Reno in the mountains in Susanville.

I have no idea why they decided to move there though since its in the middle of nowhere, lol.

Stop Laughing

The typical QB path in the NFL rarely calls for playing much at all their first year or two. Usually you groom them along, let them observe the speed of the NFL game and learn to study defenses and then come in when ready to be effective. While Rex may not have as many starts os Orton, it's pretty clear that he's the better QB, having that observing time while healing his injuries, whereas Orton was thrust into the job as we had nobody better than Jeff Blake besides him. Still, we gotta give Orton credit, he came in and did an admirable job backing up after Rex went down and Chad Hutchinson proved to be absolutely pathetic (had one preseason game where his QB rating was equal to Bluto's GPA "zero point zero!" :D ) and being a part of a huge winning streak leading to the division title.

Dave

looks like the Pats gave Denver a late christmas present. 3 fumbles and an INT. looking grim with 8 minutes left....

unclehobart

At least they aren't the Jets. I doubt they will be able to get through the first 4 rounds of the draft without an injury.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
At least they aren't the Jets. I doubt they will be able to get through the first 4 rounds of the draft without an injury.

Thank you, thank you very much. ;)

unclehobart

Well.. Pitt absolutely did everything but send a gilded invite for Indi to take the win in the end... but managed to hold on. Bettis losing that fumble on the 1 was every coaches nightmare. Denver now holds the home field advantage. Who woulda thunk it?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Why is it, whenever they show a factoid, in the next play or two, it fails ( Vanderjagt hasn't missed a FG attempt all year, so says the network sports gursus...he misses)