fury

Scanty

Why can't I write in caps.

If i'm being dense, by all means point me in the direction of where this decision was made.

Scanty

By a sentence do you mean a post? As in no all-cap posts? Or do you mean one sentence, as in wherever there are words bookended by full stops? I seriously hope it's the former.

unclehobart

hmm.. so partial feathering is still there ... This is the first forum I've popped into. I'm not up on the new bylaws or where such a thing has been posted for general consumption by the masses. Is it in the coding now or just a 'new rule'?

Scanty

i don't think there was a place where they let us know.

And Sam...if whoreable is the problem why is this rule being imposed on everyone?

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
in the code. whoreable found it in the son of a bitch thread where he informed me he hated me,:D

samcurry

Staff member
well it was put the code in or ban him. the lesser was the code. im sure youd be giving me a good rashing if i just up and banned him.

Scanty

that would be because banning someone for using capital letters all the time is about the most pathetic thing I can think of. Does it affect someone's life in a major way?

so i take it you can't just restrict one person's posts, to lower case letters...

unclehobart

or put the no caps on the KK only since thats where he is. Editing is disabled there and there only... so we know things can be tailored to one spot only.

samcurry

Staff member
No it doesnt affect someones life any more than having a single logo for a site. But when you are repeatedly asked to refrain form soing something all the time.(not told to quit totally) and you repeatedly blow off the people who request it, then there is a consequence to pay. Just as in real life.
Im not aware of any mod that only affects a single user. but if i come across it i will pull the other and install it.
When i searched the boards he was the only one i came across that actually used all caps for anything.

samcurry

Staff member
whats the problem with only having 1 logo? its the same difference. personal preference.