fury

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
i'd personally rather see a social solution to this "problem" than a technological one... after all, being social is what this site is about, isn't it?

whoreable was already asked a few times not to type in caps all the time. some people found it highly annoying to read all his posts in caps. maybe you think otherwise, but some others didn't.
now, if people are annoyed by something, there has to be a solution, since the reason of this board is to have fun. and the task of the mods and admins is to keep it that way.
so whoreable was asked a few times already not to type in caps all the time....and clearly he refused.
now, whether you, me or whoever find those trivial things important is not part of the issue. what is important is that some people did.

you can't always please everyone on a board. there is always somebody who disagrees. so you try to do what is in your opinion best for the majority,
and sam did.
since he asked whoreable friendly a few times, and since whoreable just ignored that, he had to do something else.

the problem here isn't with sam, so it's not fair to start bitching against him. if whoreable just did what sam kindly asked him, there wasn't a problem at all.
now we end up with 2 threads, a few dozen replies on an issue that is of no importance at ALL.

Jeslek

Banned
OK. If we ban all caps, let us ban all lowercase too. It is annoying as hell when people fail to apply proper capitalization rules.

I completely agree with Scanty, rare as it might be, but I do. :)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ok, I retract all my posts in this thread and am sorry I even posted here. Please excuse me as I just realized I really don't care enough one way or the other to argue about it.

dan

shadowfax, you sound perfectly reasonable there.

a sticky thread, stuck in town hall, saying basically that, would have pretty much made there be no issue.

or, even better, one that tried to find out some opinions... if there has been one of them, and it turned out there was sufficient bad feeling for that action, then i'm being redundant and i appologise.

it's about communication...

Scanty

i have asked a few times now for someone to explain why capital letters are so offensive...and so far no response. If people are getting geniunely offended by it, then that is all fine. I have no problem with people's feelings being different to my own. But you cannot say that this was something done for the good of the majority. I dont' see an evidence of that.

now we end up with 2 threads, a few dozen replies on an issue that is of no importance at ALL.

Exactly... It is of NO importance, that is what i'm trying to say. But if that was realised by the people who run things, then they wouldn't have acted out against it in the first place. It isn't the protesters that are making the issue. It was made an issue by whomever introduced the rule against it. That is the cause of this thread.

greenfreak

Shadowfax said:
whoreable was already asked a few times not to type in caps all the time. some people found it highly annoying to read all his posts in caps. maybe you think otherwise, but some others didn't.
now, if people are annoyed by something, there has to be a solution, since the reason of this board is to have fun. and the task of the mods and admins is to keep it that way.
so whoreable was asked a few times already not to type in caps all the time....and clearly he refused.
now, whether you, me or whoever find those trivial things important is not part of the issue. what is important is that some people did.

you can't always please everyone on a board. there is always somebody who disagrees. so you try to do what is in your opinion best for the majority,
and sam did.
since he asked whoreable friendly a few times, and since whoreable just ignored that, he had to do something else.

the problem here isn't with sam, so it's not fair to start bitching against him. if whoreable just did what sam kindly asked him, there wasn't a problem at all.

There ya go. If mods and admin had to get the approval of the members to do anything, then what's the point of having mods and admin? The membership would run the site. And no large group like us will ever completely agree on everything.

I think all the answers everyone wants are in Shadow's post and that no further explination is neccessary.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
i have asked a few times now for someone to explain why capital letters are so offensive...and so far no response

i believe that was a question a while ago as well. strange, but true, certain people don't like reading nothing but capital letters all the time. perhaps YOU don't mind, and i can't say i care about it. it's just plain annoyance to some people.

that answered, i'm not going to bother discussing this anymore, since i don't give a fuck about it.

Scanty

He also then went on to say it was an issue of no importance at all. Which is opposite to the attitude that we should be considerate towards those who find it annoying. Because if they did, it's an issue.

Don't forget that this action - the no-caps rule - was itself, supposedly made because of the influence of the members. Or so they say. And if that is true...then it too has been an admin decision based on what the members think.

Scanty

Shadowfax said:
i have asked a few times now for someone to explain why capital letters are so offensive...and so far no response

i believe that was a question a while ago as well. strange, but true, certain people don't like reading nothing but capital letters all the time. perhaps YOU don't mind, and i can't say i care about it. it's just plain annoyance to some people.

I said I fucking don't mind people having different opinions.

alrighty then. bye.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
look, is it that hard to accept that a few members were annoyed because of sole use of caps? notice the word annoyed. that is still different from caring. i believe we've had that discussion before, and this whole matter was such insignificant that you didn't want to discuss it.

now, you asked why the rule was implied, and you got an answer. like i said before, you can't please all on a forum. and i really can't see why this is all of the sudden such a big deal now.

put plain and simple:

people were annoyed reading nothing but caps in whoreable's posts. so he can't do that now, and nobody can.
it's not like other members used that option that often, is it? it's not going to make this forum less fun. but it does take away the annoyance of at least a few members.
the admin made a decision, and not all everybody agrees. well, that happens with every decision made, no matter what the decision is.

so what exactly is the point still?

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Scanty said:
I said I fucking don't mind people having different opinions.

alrighty then. bye.

now now, why being pissed? you asked if your answer could be answered, and i answered it.
no where did i gave anyone the slightest idea that i thought you DID mind have other people having different opinions.

all i did is say that some people find reading nothing but capital letter annoying. that's it. sheez

freako104

PT sumed up my feelings in one sentence. PT ifyou dont mind
I really dont give a shit

they are fucking letters. but i will admit that i was one who was annoyed by them. i dont really see the all caps as a problem at all. just that someone overused them and was asked not to do it but continued. as i have said before i love this place. i will not stop coming here cause of that. i will post as i normally do.i hope the same for the rest of you to enjoy it and post as you will. now quit the bs let the admins and mods work toghter to make us all happy. shaow has it right in his posts too sorry for not giving credit where its due shadow.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
i can't believe the pathetic behaviour on this thing...you want me to go on and act like a fucking 11 yr old schoolkid and go name calling?
that's even more pathetic than signing up as this :rolleyes:

i didn't even want to discuss this even more, but for some reason people can take everything the wrong way if they want.

at least a few people did get what i meant.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Shadowfax said:
i didn't even want to discuss this even more, but for some reason people can take everything the wrong way if they want.

That has totally happened to me, too. Frustrating as hell, isn't it?

BTW Scanty - I understand what you're saying. :headbang:

Well.. I'm putting this thread to bed over here... mmm... bed

dan

Spirit said:
Shadowfax said:
some people
Shadowfax said:
some others
Shadowfax said:
some people

Who, exactly, is "some". :confuse2:

this question still up in the air...

apart from freako, and even then he doesn't really sound unhappy about the caps themselves...
freako said:
i dont really see the all caps as a problem at all. just that someone overused them and was asked not to do it but continued