Gas or canister

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Continuued from a PM...

Do you enjoy the tribal condition of mealtime with grilled flesh from atop a fine bed of grey glowing coals or perhaps a quickie meal using flames to sear the life (barely) out of the sustenance of your daily hunt?

Do you find the convenience of an outdoor natural gas stove (incorrectly but commonly referred to as a gas grill) more to you satisfation after a hard day of inner office politics before stopping by the Piggly Wiggly/Safeway/Kroger/etc & picking out a hunk o' meat?

Charcoal? Wood? Flavored coal? How many heathens here think that a gas grill constitutes BBQ? (in fact, how many of you finhe young cannibals know the difference between BBQ & grilling)

Do you partake in the earthly delights of fire, family & breaking famine or do you find indoors much less buggy?

Grill, stove or oven?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I own both a charcoal and a gas grill. I enjoy both. Charcoal tastes better, gas cooks quicker. I have no problem using either.

I also enjoy cooking indoors, and am told I am quite good at it.

I also use a deep fryer (Fry Daddy type thing) a couple times a year for fish fry. We bought a big'n capable of deep frying a turkey. It's packed away until we get relocated.

tonksy

While I will admit that a charcoal grill lends a nice taste, I prefer a gas grill for it's ease and cleanliness. Also, I have never been afraid of spicing my food so I find things cooked on a gas grill to be very tasty.

MrBishop

Gas grilling mostly...unless I've been fishing, in which case it's capfire all the way bay-be :D

We've got limits on the types of grills that we can have in our yards :shrug:

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
I own both a charcoal and a gas grill. I enjoy both. Charcoal tastes better, gas cooks quicker. I have no problem using either.
What he said.

Slim Pickens

Charcoal, s'il vous plait...I have never learned how to use a gas grill...I am, however, quite adept with a propane set up for fish/crawfish, etc

Professur

You missed the catfish HL made. 7lbs, and not even crumbs left. I didn't even bother sitting down. I just parked myself at the counter in the kitchen, right beside the stove.

Slim Pickens

And here I thought we were friends...:finger:

j/k

However, just to be a shit, we ate at the LaFleurs in Walker the other night...fried alligator, fried AND raw oysters, boiled crawfish, crawfish ettouffee, seafood gumbo, fried catfish, and SWEET TEA!!! You were saying?

Slim Pickens

Oh, and did I mention that the next time she comes, Patty (Jarrod's mom) will be bringing me a little something from a certain butcher shop on US 165 in Iowa???:kiss:

tonksy

Slim Pickens said:
Oh, and did I mention that the next time she comes, Patty (Jarrod's mom) will be bringing me a little something from a certain butcher shop on US 165 in Iowa???:kiss:
Now that deserves a fuck you!
As far as the others, we have a pappadeaux's right around the corner and we eat there fairly regularly so stick that in your pipe and smoke it :p

tonksy

Well...that would depend on the amount of boudin you plan on bribe...er...bestowing upon me ;)
Man, I wish they had a website or something. I would order it to be next day delivered.

woodman19_99

Got me an 18" Charcoal Weber for my porch. I love cooking on that thing and love the taste more than a gas grill/stove. As previously mentioned, the gas is quicker, but I am a relatively patient man who waits for the good stuff...

Something I have been meaning to get is a Turkey fryer. I used to go to the Bills-Patriots games in Buffalo with my brother and cousin and we used to deep fry turkey with my cousin's coworkers. It was the best thing ever!

For those with gas grills, have you cooked a turkey on there yet? My mom started doing that for Thanksgiving a few years back and is EXCELLENT! Very juicy meat and the skin gets nice a crispy...