Gas or canister

chcr

Too cute for words
woodman19_99 said:
For those with gas grills, have you cooked a turkey on there yet? My mom started doing that for Thanksgiving a few years back and is EXCELLENT! Very juicy meat and the skin gets nice a crispy...
I cook beer can chicken on mine all the time.

tonksy

The beer then steams up though the cavity and makes the chicken taste all yummy with hoppymalty goodness.

tonksy

You sure can do it on coals but you need one of them tall/deep grills to stand the chicken up in.

woodman19_99

Oh, don't you worry, I won't. I am thinking jerk seasoning as a possibility, or some cayan pepper, garlic salt; any combination there of...

chcr

Too cute for words
I have a little wire stand that makes it easy. The beer can (they say you can use something other than beer, but why would you?) fits in the center ant the wire stand keeps the chicken from falling. T, I usually make up a rub for the outside and put a couple small vidalias in the neck. Mmm...

A little tater salad and some ranch beans and your good to go.

Woodman, it takes around an hour to cook. I use a thermometer.

tonksy

Chic - I'm guessing I can not manage it on a standard gas grill :(
S'ok - tomorrow night is fish on the grill! Doing up some flounder, pompano, and red snapper! :licklips:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
We have a propane grill...nothing tastes as good as campfire food though. When I went camping in may we had burgers and hotdogs cooked over the fire and we just stuffed ourselves all night (when you're living outta coolers and unemployed you wanna spend as little as possible on food for camping)

tonksy

We have 2 of those and ever since we got the quisinart (sp?) grill/panini press they have collected dust. The quis is just bigger and sturdier and the top part has this self adjusting bit so that if one steak is thinner than the other it compensates. We like it...not as much as the bad ass new gas grill but we like it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Tomorrow night, stuffed turkey (Thanksgiving in July) on the charcoal. Gas may be quicker, but so is drive-thru.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
SouthernN'Proud said:
I own both a charcoal and a gas grill. I enjoy both. Charcoal tastes better, gas cooks quicker. I have no problem using either.

I thought you were southern!!!

I mean I use a gas grill, but that is ok, cause I am Canadian.

As for me I have gas I use gas, but I would prefer a charcoal grill, and a wood smoker anyday

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
You outed me paul. I'm not really Southern. I'm a Michigander in disguise as part of the witness relocation program involved in covert ops as well as a part time double-naught spy. Bon travail.

I reckon I can cook on whatever I damn well please. There are times when a burger needs to be cooked in less than an hour. This might be an alien concept for some, but after a hard day of working in the garden, mowing, mulching, etc I don't necessarily feel like standing over charcoal for an hour to get a cheeseburger. It might not be a problem if all you did all day was bitch about politics or shop in Toronto or somesuch, but a country boy has work to do.

:cool4: :finger: :p

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Michigandernproud said:
There are times when a burger needs to be cooked in less than an hour.

jack.jpg

As my grandmother was fond of telling us...if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right :p