Gas or canister

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Jack In The Box said:
As my grandmother was fond of telling us...if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right

And as my grandmother was fond of telling us...Never trust anyone north of Abingdon, they're all full of shit. :cool4:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
but a hamburger isn't BBQing, it's grilling (he is from michigan)

BBQ is low and slow

Grilling is Hot and fast

and hamburgers are almost not worth lighting anything for.

looks like the south has risen again, in the great white north.

HomeLAN

Thank you, but I'll take my own efforts on anything over the indignity and skeeve factor of fast food.

I can and will cook (well) on gas, charcoal, or oven/stove. Depends on what, where, and within what time frame I'm cooking.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Stoves/ovens have their place (winter, cakes, pies, cookies, boiling water for pasta, etc)

Gas grills, while quicker than charcoal, can never match the flavoring so why not use the stove/oven? Kingsford is your friend.

Altron

Now, you guys that say charcoal takes too long, how do you light the grill?

Lighter fluid?
One of those oval-shaped heating elements?

If so, you are a girly man.

There is ONLY one way to light charcoal.

You take the top grill off. Make a fire with twigs and kindling and small sticks. You then put the top grill back on, and put your charcoal on it. Then you roll up newspaper and stick it through the three vents in the bottom. Using ONE match, light all three newspapers. They will light the kindling on fire. This will make a pretty hot fire, which will light the charcoal very quickly. After about five minutes, take off the top grill with the now hot charcoal on it, and dump it into the bottom grill, and you're ready to go in as short of a time as it would take to let a gas grill heat up.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Altron said:
Now, you guys that say charcoal takes too long, how do you light the grill?

Lighter fluid?
One of those oval-shaped heating elements?

If so, you are a girly man.

There is ONLY one way to light charcoal.

You take the top grill off. Make a fire with twigs and kindling and small sticks. You then put the top grill back on, and put your charcoal on it. Then you roll up newspaper and stick it through the three vents in the bottom. Using ONE match, light all three newspapers. They will light the kindling on fire. This will make a pretty hot fire, which will light the charcoal very quickly. After about five minutes, take off the top grill with the now hot charcoal on it, and dump it into the bottom grill, and you're ready to go in as short of a time as it would take to let a gas grill heat up.

Pass me some of whatever it is you are smoking please.

I have grilled more meat than you will ever eat. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. That's why I own and use all methods.

Inkara1

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to put the meat I'm going to eat on a top grill that's just had burning charcoal sitting on it. Waiting for it to cool off enough to wash it without damaging it, then washing it, would negate the time savings.

Altron

I use gas grills too. Just because it's easier if I'm tired. Not because it's faster than the method I explained.

Actually, what do you guys reccomend for grills? Right now we have two gas grills and one charcoal. They're all trashpicked. The gas ones are not working very well and my dad wants a new charcoal one.

We're thinking the biggest grill Weber makes for the charcoal, no idea about the gas. Suggestions?