Gas Prices - how are they where you are?

MrBishop

Professur said:
Still holding at 1.069 this morning.
Listen to the radio this afternoon?

Seems that a gas station in Toronto decided to play a prank. He raised his price to $1.85/liter. His neighbouring stations saw his price, thought "oh Shit" and raised theirs.

As soon as you could say "Price gouging domino effect" - suddenly, some stations in Montreal started boosting their price. Then there was a rush to non-participating gas stations. Then those started running out of gas and boosted theirs.

I understand that it went as high as $1.977/liter ( $7.47/gallon CAN) :eek:

I gassed up yesterday at $1.065/liter. I ain't been out tonight to see the prices locally...but I'd bet that it's going to be nasty tomorrow morning!

Dave

prices are holding at around $3/gal (mid grade) here for now. heard rumors of another price spike this week.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:

Seems that a gas station in Toronto decided to play a prank. He raised his price to $1.85/liter. His neighbouring stations saw his price, thought "oh Shit" and raised theirs.

As soon as you could say "Price gouging domino effect" - suddenly, some stations in Montreal started boosting their price. Then there was a rush to non-participating gas stations. Then those started running out of gas and boosted theirs.

I gassed up yesterday at $1.065/liter. I ain't been out tonight to see the prices locally...but I'd bet that it's going to be nasty tomorrow morning!

Sounds like a good time for a few 'drive-by' shootings on those stations. Not the people...just the pumps.

MrBishop

One word - Mo-lo-tov

It spiked at $2.25 and dropped back this morning to $1.10.
"panic buying' they're calling it. More like crying "FIRE" in a crowded cinema.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Remember back when that would have been the temperature you were talking about.

Nope, NEVER would I or have I talked about the temperature like that...I'm a metric baby :lloyd:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
MrBishop said:

When I last saw it the ONE 1.85 station was EMPTY and on Global news :D

Edit: Empty of people and cars...not gas :lloyd:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh, and I heard last night the premier of Ontario is calling for some federal inquiry because the elevated prices are creating the impression we are suffering through a shortage and we're NOT...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
For the record, all my prices for Brampton come from torontogasprices.com

jankerson

Way too high. :crying4:

They range from $2.89 a gallon to $3.74 depending where in the Raleigh area you go.

Most are like $3.19 a gallon from what I have seen personally.

Sharky

It went up to $2.89/gal, then today the inevitable happened. Panama City has run out of fuel. Vernon has been out for two weeks. I have enough diesel to run the generator for about 25 days, and enough unleaded to last another two weeks if I don't run the tractor much. This sucks.

HomeLAN

Around here, we're starting to run out of mid-grade and premium. Regular is still available, but I can foresee that getting short, too.

Average here is holding at 2.99.

Professur

Plenty here. But then, noone's using it up for generators either. The price hopped up, but is back down to $1.142/l. Doesn't look like they're gonna go lower than that without the law getting involved.