Gas Prices - how are they where you are?

greenfreak

Funny, I was just looking at gas prices yesterday. When Rusty and I vacationed on Nantucket island last year, the price was $2.65 for regular. We balked at that, how could anyone pay that much for gas?!

Now regular is $2.45 and 93 octane (what I fill up with) is $2.65. :(

TexasRaceLady

Depends on where you buy what price you pay.

At Wal-Mart or Kroger, its only $2.05 a gallon. At the name places -- $2.21

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Let's see...At the Hess station, it's a bargain-basement $2.03...for 87 Octane. The Audi, which requires premium, is $2.23 per gallon. One good thing is the Audi has an 18.5 gallon tank, and gets just over 26 in the city.

unclehobart

2.29 for premium in Anniston, Alabama on the way home. Twas the cheapest gass seen for 600 miles. Around the corner its 2.45 for premium.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I saw it over 95 for regular yesterday...last night it went down to 89.9...*sigh*

Toolbox: You live in manilla right?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
MrBishop said:
Prof's going to have himself a heart-attack when he comes back...it was hovering between .92 and .88/liter when he left...now it's at 102.9

Hey Prof!! If you see this...fill up BEFORE crossing over...maybe a quick trip to a store to buy a few plastic gas-cans might be a good idea too! ;)

hahaha one day my mom had a senior's moment and was like "i gassed up for 59 last night" (she meant 79...this was a few weeks ago) and I was like "FIFTY NINE?!" and she was like "no no I meant 79, if it was 59 I'da been buying a 50gallon drum of it" hahaha my mom is silly

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Toolbox™ said:
Yes, I do. Why? :)

I work with some people from the Phillipines...and they were talking about Manilla one day...they lived there before they came here...and I thought about you :)

Inkara1

I think of Toolbox whenever I see someone who posts to brag about his expensive new toys and at almost no other time.

Winky

Well when you become wealthy and famous
in the dead tree business
and show off yer material toys I'll remember that!

When I recall Twobox
I think of all the babes he bags, lol

Inkara1

Someone who knows you less well than myself might think you were assuming people actually get rich in the "dead tree" business.

Winky

Heh heh heh perhaps you know me all too well!

The first thought that flashed into my mind were the names of all those who DID get rich.

But you and I both know that is a thing of the past.

But a long and winding road lies before ye
and the road that diverges in the wood,
less traveled, has certainly yielded fortuitous results
for the man who has trod there...

Inkara1

Had my first $30 fill-up yesterday... with a Dodge Neon. Some lady at the same station was complaining how it cost $50 to fill up her BMW 540i.