Gas Prices - how are they where you are?

unclehobart

HomeLAN said:
Where? The Racetrac at Delk was 2.90 90 minutes ago.
Dunno.. Its was mentioned on Neal Boortz. They didnt ID it because they couldn't confirm it. They probably didn't want to incite a riot.

Uki Chick

Professur said:
You do know what we do to bearers of bad news, doncha?

Don't shoot the messenger. It was told to me by someone, i'm just passing on the message that I got. I went to check Gas tracker and the cheapest in my area was 1.47

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
That website is fubared...it says that at 12:08 PM there was gas for 95cents in Brampton

Uki Chick

Nixy said:
That website is fubared...it says that at 12:08 PM there was gas for 95cents in Brampton

it's the cheapest found. who knows, maybe someone brought their price down and brought it back up. you can enter what you've seen.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I just searched gas prices in Brampton on www.torontogasprices.com and I found one station at 110.3 at 2:55pm and another at 134.0 at 1:27pm...fine, the gas prices fluxuate because of the crisis and blah blah blah but there is NO REASON for one station to charge almost 21 cents MORE per litre than another!! HELLO GORGING!

HomeLAN

Georgia fuel prices could drop by as much as 15 cents per gallon as of midnight.

Gov. Sonny Perdue today announced a suspension in the collection of state gas taxes, a move that would bring down prices on fuel currently selling for about $3 per gallon in the metro area.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/0905/02gastax.html

May require registration.

That'll help. Makes me glad I haven't filled up this week. I figure between this and the holiday weekend being over, we can look forward to a nice dip mid to late week. I'll tank up at that point. Then it's gonna climb back to 3 and stay there or above for awhile, even with the tax relief.

Stop Laughing

3.199/3.299/3.399 at the station down the street from me. Being close to the edge of Cook County makes for some interesting decisions as to where to get the gas. A few miles drive to DuPage County right now knocks off about 10-15 cents a gallon, but the difference isn't usually that big. On top of that, some stations are running out of their cheap gas a lot, but not to the point I'd call it a crisis yet. I don't wanna guess how much it is in Chicago's city limits.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
chcr said:
Erm... that's "gouging" dear.

Yeah...that to...don't you know that engineers aren't so good with words? I'm still better than SOME my age though :D

MrBishop

Anyone want to make a sucker bet?

Anyone betting that once this 'crisis' is over that the price will drop down to anywhere near where it was before it started?

I'm thinking $2/liter for regular by New years. That's $7.56/gallon for y'all!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
MrBishop said:
Anyone want to make a sucker bet?

Anyone betting that once this 'crisis' is over that the price will drop down to anywhere near where it was before it started?

I'm thinking $2/liter for regular by New years. That's $7.56/gallon for y'all!

A lot of people won't beable to afford to drive at that rate! It can only go up so far before the demand WILL start dropping. My mom has a 14 gallon tank as far as I can tell from stats on 2004 Cavaliers online...14 gallon=53.06 litres at $2/litre that is over $106 to fill the tank on a CAVALIER! We could fill that tank for like $40 or slightly less when we got the car just over a year ago...

Honestly, she would not beable to afford the $106 a tank without ALOT of cutting back in other areas...and alot of cutting back in driving...and there are ALOT of people in this country ALOT worse off than we are...some people would still drive but a lot of people woudln't beable to afford to...

Inkara1

I drove past a Chevron and Tesoro that were both at $2.97 this morning. I couldn't believe it since the 76 on the other side of the freeway was $3.09. But I drove back by at about 10:30 this evening and the Tesoro had gone up to $3.12 while the toher two stations stayed the same. I somehow don't think the Chevron will still be $2.97 tomorrow.

Actually, it's hard to fathom a Chevron station being the cheapest gas in town.