Gas Prices - how are they where you are?

greenfreak

Just paid $3.59 for super. $36.00 to fill my tank. We were going to go to a farm out east today, visit a roadside farm stand which has the best pies I've ever tasted, take some pictures, etc. Then we drove by the corner gas station that had $3.69 for super and big signs that said "OUT OF GAS". And we decided to stay home instead. :eh:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It is $3.299 locally today.

It's sad when we look back at $2.259 as reasonable.

chcr

Too cute for words
catocom said:
Me too. I can be a frugal mofo if need be. :nerd:
As I may have mentioned before, some people think that if you look up "cheap bastard" in the dictionary you'll see a picture of me. ;)

On a semi-related note, evidently the sale of men's underwear has incresed 35% since the gas prices jumped. Coincidence? I think not. :D
(presumably women have better bowel control)

catocom

chcr said:
On a semi-related note, evidently the sale of men's underwear has increased 35% since the gas prices jumped. Coincidence? I think not. :D
(presumably women have better bowel control)
Oh SHIT! :eyepop:
I guess I'd better start using a little less bleach then. :D

HomeLAN

Damn. Went to Cartersville today to help my Mom-in-law, had to run to Walmart in Rome. Regular unleaded was fucking 2.73.

I was down to half a tank, I topped that bugger off. I should be good for 2 weeks, if need be.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
HomeLAN said:
Damn. Went to Cartersville today to help my Mom-in-law, had to run to Walmart in Rome. Regular unleaded was fucking 2.73.

I was down to half a tank, I topped that bugger off. I should be good for 2 weeks, if need be.

Taking some jerry cans with you next time? ;)

Inkara1

HomeLAN said:

You can use regular in the Hemi? Sweet. :D

Dave

HomeLAN said:

$2.73/gallon...ahhh the good old days. everything is over $3/gallon around here now.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
2.99.9 here, seems to have settle there. Our prices here in town jumped to 3.64 for about two hours on Friday, I guess someone heard something, then decided maybe they didn't.

I really do have to wonder if at least a part of all this is to just condition us. I wondered it back when the price made it to 2. You know, a couple months ago. Now 2 is looking pretty damn good, and I know the oil companies know that now too. I doubt we will ever see gas below $2 a gallon again, no matter how many refineries they build.

Just for perspective. From the first page of this thread.

PT on 6/28/05 said:
2.19 around where I work.

2.09 around where I live.

I fill up at home.

chcr

Too cute for words
PT said:
I really do have to wonder if at least a part of all this is to just condition us.

Welcome to my paranoid little world. Make yourself convertable and watch while Gonz tries to tell us the conservatives are going to fix everything and that everything bad is the liberal's fault. :lol:

HomeLAN

Inkara1 said:
You can use regular in the Hemi? Sweet. :D

I can, but they recommend mid-grade, so I actually paid 2.83. Thank God I don't have to run premium. Still the cheapest I've seen in 5 days. Jerry cans might be a good idea.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
HomeLAN said:
I can, but they recommend mid-grade, so I actually paid 2.83. Thank God I don't have to run premium. Still the cheapest I've seen in 5 days. Jerry cans might be a good idea.
That would be pretty nice of you to fill Jerrys cans. He would probably be really happy.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
Welcome to my paranoid little world. Make yourself convertable and watch while Gonz tries to tell us the conservatives are going to fix everything and that everything bad is the liberal's fault. :lol:

First things first. Let's get some conservatives in office.