Glenn Beck and Goldline

spike

Check your options. I think you must have "don't show me any facts that would shatter my preconceived ideas" checked.

valkyrie

Not sure why the hullabaloo over Beck and Goldline. In the old days radio broadcasts were always sponsored by various products and the actors endorsed the products that sponsored the shows they played on. Even now, radio personalities locally will spit out some bull shit endorsement about "my new AT&T cell phone" or "I tried <insert sponsor name here> just the other day and was amazed at the performance of the <insert product here>, I really recommend you (the audience) check out <sponsor name> when you get the chance! And now back to our music...."

Beck is just the actor that is endorsing his sponsor. There are always going to be dumbasses that are going to take the actor for their word as an expert on that product. But they aren't... they're just some schmo paid to pitch a product. Nothing more.

ResearchMonkey

Hey Spike, I bet you flip-your-lid everytime you go to a comic-con. All those comic books that are priced well above the posted price on the covers. -- Collector comics are a scam!

1280435791490.jpg

valkyrie

What Spike posted in his original post is correct...
... if you believe what Beck is saying, that the collapse of the free world is near and that the US government is going to come and take your gold then buying through Goldline is a stupid way to do that.

Personally? If I really thought the collapse of the free world was near I'd invest in lead, not gold. My lead trumps your gold. Suck it!

spike

Beck is just the actor that is endorsing his sponsor. There are always going to be dumbasses that are going to take the actor for their word as an expert on that product. But they aren't... they're just some schmo paid to pitch a product. Nothing more.

This goes a little farther since Beck uses his show for fear mongering to scare people into into the Goldline scam that does the opposite of what buyer intends.

spike

Hey Spike, I bet you flip-your-lid everytime you go to a comic-con. All those comic books that are priced well above the posted price on the covers. -- Collector comics are a scam!

Collectors comics can certainly be worth more than the cover price. So can coins.

The issue with Goldline is entirely different since the investor is losing 42% or more of their money instantly. This is unlike buying a comic or coin for around it's estimated value where you could turn around and sell it instantly for approximately what you payed for it.

gn2gN.gif

valkyrie

Spike has a point about the instant loss. I've purchases antique coins before and every coin can be turned around and sold for what you bought it for to another dealer. If these gold coins can not be sold instantly to another dealer for it's selling price then it is not an investment. Period.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He's not buying coins, he's buying antiques. He's also made it clear that he buys at inflated prices & he knows that.

Cerise

More like a "swing and a miss!"

Weeener has the nerve to mention "......this is a time of a lot of economic insecurity....."

when it was the dems that caused the economic insecurity in the first place!! Where do they get their nerve? It is absolutely sickening!

valkyrie

He's not buying coins, he's buying antiques. He's also made it clear that he buys at inflated prices & he knows that.
Caveat emptor.
I have no pity on the poor saps who listen to Beck's program and get scammed. If they're stupid enough to listen to the show they are going to be stupid enough to be mark for a con, which is what's going on.

"Hey, buy these" <"antique coins" or "gold coins", whichever he says to con his marks> "and the big, bad government will not be able to take them from you and you will survive through the upcoming" <"revolution"/"anarchy"/"collapse of society"/whatevah>"!"

If Beck and Goldline didn't scam them someone else would have. They're just marks waiting for a con.

These are the same people who buy those stupid "collectible, limited edition" plates advertised in magazines and place them lovingly on their wall or behind glass and declare that they are gaining in value as a collectible.

Dumb-asses.

spike

when it was the dems that caused the economic insecurity in the first place!! Where do they get their nerve? It is absolutely sickening!

What? The recession happened under Bush.

Are you just trying to rewrite history now?