Gmail thread.

ClaireBear

Banned
Em... so the thought of having to email me now and again was too much for some people...

I thought at least someone would PM me with thier email address so I could invite them. :shrug:

Well fine... I'll just keep them!

Mine mine... my precious... I loves the precious Gmail invitations I does

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
*again donning the Luddite attire*

So exactly what is so damn exciting about gmail? I looked at their site and see that it's like a combination of yahoo mail and a google search. Am I missing some life altering added feature here? Looks like one of a hundred free email options, but with advertising on the right hand margin. Is that supposed to make my nipples hard or something? Does gmail take bloodstains out of carpet? Will it be the answer to all my unspoken prayers? Do chicks dig it? Will it make my sticker peck out? Would having a gmail account to call my own make me the envy of surfers and barmaids the world over?

ResearchMonkey

It only bad if people object, so if your cute there will be no problems.

If you're some beer-gut fat-man with a facade of being a a cute gurl, there would be problems.

live dangerously

Raven

Annoying SOB
SouthernN'Proud said:
*again donning the Luddite attire*

So exactly what is so damn exciting about gmail? I looked at their site and see that it's like a combination of yahoo mail and a google search. Am I missing some life altering added feature here? Looks like one of a hundred free email options, but with advertising on the right hand margin. Is that supposed to make my nipples hard or something? Does gmail take bloodstains out of carpet? Will it be the answer to all my unspoken prayers? Do chicks dig it? Will it make my sticker peck out? Would having a gmail account to call my own make me the envy of surfers and barmaids the world over?
Its an alternative to AOL and Micro$oft.....that and its better than the pair of them stuck together for fuctionality and inbox size (which is the main selling point for me, as I have friends who insist on sending mails in the 750kb region).

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
OK, I can buy that I suppose. But why for the love of fresh fruit does it require an invitation? Is this their marketing ploy, in that it induces one to think that because I need to be referred it must be better?

I'm simply trying to figure this out. It seems to be all the rave, [SnP sarcasm] and God knows I'm a slave to fashion. [/SnP sarcasm]

The catch, man....what's the catch?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
OK, I can buy that I suppose. But why for the love of fresh fruit does it require an invitation? Is this their marketing ploy, in that it induces one to think that because I need to be referred it must be better?

I'm simply trying to figure this out. It seems to be all the rave, [SnP sarcasm] and God knows I'm a slave to fashion. [/SnP sarcasm]

The catch, man....what's the catch?

The invite is so they can control the amount of accounts. Whenever they are able to handle more accounts they distribute invites to current members based on some unknown algorithm. If an invite is not sent out it sits there waiting to be sent out for an unknown length of time...if one is sent out but not used in 10 days or so I think it goes back into the main bank to be distributed again on the next go around.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It's still in beta. They're slowly growing it as they can handle it, and making a want factor at the same time. Brilliant.

Professur

Try distributed marketting, Nix. If you click any of their links, it is assumed that anyone you're sent an invite to will have similar interests, and will wind up on that marketting list.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They just want those of us who don't overindulge in email to feel embarassed don't they?

You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2052 MB.