Go Let It Out! (Venting Thread)

Ms Ann Thrope

just returned from the supermarket where I bought 6 items, the largest of which is a SMALL bag of apples -- can someone please tell me why the dingbat needed to use 4 BAGS for this? is there some conspiracy here with the supermarkets of the USA and the plastics industry? :mad:

unclehobart

I'm thinking that the poor bagger had just been berated by the last customer for not adhering to the elderly demands of a single triple bag per item as well as a demand to defy the laws of physics in that all of the bags collectively end up at 1/3 of the original weight of the objects purchased... and was then subjected to a 20 minutes moan-and-groan about the great depression and how the whole family had to sleep wrapped up inside of a moldy carpet pad under 4 feet of snow and share one teabag amongst 20 brothers and sisters as a meal.

The poor lad was probably still in shock and was in a 'deer in the headlights' state when you ran across each other.

Ms Ann Thrope

not a poor lad -- a stupid bimbo who was probably fantasizing about some teenybopper idol --- I've brought my own sturdy shopping bag in the past, but the idiot that was bagging that night looked as if I just asked her to explain quantum theory and I was left bagging the items myself... :mad:

unclehobart

Yeah.. the european self sufficiency and eco friendly shopping ways of hauling swag home in a self supplied bag simply cannot penetrate the grey matter of the service sector economy worker drones with one eye on the timeclock and the other on Rikki Lake.

Oz

oh man, the checkout must be the worst shopping experience ever (well, apart from buying heamorroid cream).

Over here they don't employ doozers just to pack yer bags.......but the lass at the cash register always asks "Can I help yer with yer packing?" Don't ever say yes! Yer end up stood there feeling like a foreskin at a jewish wedding (outta place with nothing to do) while they take an eternity to pop stuff under the bar code scanner and slowly pack yer bags .........and they still end up sticking the toileteries in the same bag as the fresh meat :eh:

It's easier and quicker just to do it yerself..........

tonksy

i don't ever have any grocery bagging trouble. the guys at kroger are always real good about it. very sweet helpful kids. guess i'm lucky. but i am a notorious bread squisher! i hate that, makes for lopsided sandwiches. i wish they could contruct a squishproof bread bag. i might even pay a little more for it...hate lopsided sandwiches.

Aunty Em

I always pack my own otherwise you end up with so many tins in one bag either you can't lift it or the bottom goes as you do...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
tonks said:
i don't ever have any grocery bagging trouble. the guys at kroger are always real good about it. very sweet helpful kids. guess i'm lucky. but i am a notorious bread squisher! i hate that, makes for lopsided sandwiches. i wish they could contruct a squishproof bread bag. i might even pay a little more for it...hate lopsided sandwiches.
You got krogers over there too?

We got a couple around here... I always go to the U-scan at the one closest to me. Their baggers suck. Sure, they're fast, if you don't mind your chips being crunched into pieces smaller than your fingernails, your bread being smooshed to the size of a flat football, and your eggs getting fubar'd. And if you want them to be careful with those particular items, they'll want to take their precious 10 minutes to bag 15 items. Bah. It's like they're mocking you.

But that's not even my vent.

FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT COMPUTER HARDWARE... I HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO FUCKING DEAL WITH YOU AGAIN! YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING REPLACED TWICE AND YOU'RE STILL DEFECTIVE, AND NEWEGG IS GONNA FUCKING CHARGE ME 15% FOR A FUCKING REFUND SO I CAN SWITCH BOARD MANUFACTURERS, YOU MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF TRASH!

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Anyone use the new Self-Checkout at Walmart yet? Just used it the other night, it's pretty cool.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
If it's anything like the U-scan at kroger and meijer around here, then I like them. If only they'd let me pick up heavy stuff and put it back in the cart, but NOOOOO, it must remain on the altar of the mighty U-scan machine! :worship:

Oz

PuterTutor said:
Anyone use the new Self-Checkout at Walmart yet? Just used it the other night, it's pretty cool.

I like the idea of that (ain't seen it yet tho') ..........all kindsa games leap to mind.........rolling tins at the right velocity so the scanner catches the barcode...........speed scanning......most unusual call for a price check :)

*waits patiently for the technology to be adopted in the UK*

freako104

PuterTutor said:

are teh ones in MO getting them cause the one i worked in back in MD and the one in NC didnt have any

freako104

when i saw it at giant, it was where you scan your things and pay with either a check card or a credit card. then you leave. but i didnt use it as i didnt have and dont have a credit card or check card