Go Let It Out! (Venting Thread)

freako104

its a card you can use to buy things and it comes right out of your account like you wrote a check. and you can also get money back if needed with it

Mare

Damn little critters (water bugs) trying to get in from the weather here, Gross me out-see them crawling on the floor- :eek9:

Can't stand them.....

Just venting - hate bugs.....

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
freako104 said:
its a card you can use to buy things and it comes right out of your account like you wrote a check. and you can also get money back if needed with it

ok, we call them debit cards.

Oz

FUCKING TOOTHACHE!!

Bloody typical............the one day that I have to go into the city and sort some stuff out.............the old gnashers start aching like a motherluvver! :cuss:

Where's me pliers?...........I'll sort these bleedin' teeth one way or another

BeardofPants

Sympathies, Coney. Toothaches bite. :(

Vent number one: if the salad says that it's expired, then it's fucking expired. :sick:

Vent number two: Stupid person I don't want anything more to do with won't stop fucking PMing me. I don't want to know you anymore, GET IT??? (not from this board)

Vent number three: feeling ill from eating the aforementioned salad. :sick3:

Inkara1

The Home Depot I work at has the self-checkout. You can pay with cash, any form of card, or even with a check. But, "unexpected item in bagging area, please remove this item" is heard more often than anything else. And then, the thing only seems to deactivate the sensormatic thingie 50 percent of the time, so half the time someone walks out the door and it sets the alarm off. Then the customer has to wait while a cashier deactivates it and writes down what happened in a little book.

It works really well, now doesn't it? Keep in mind that KMart implemented a self check-out system... and went into bankruptcy soon after.

Of course, the number of things Home Depot is doing that are just plain dumb are really making me wonder how they got to be such a huge company. The company was founded in 1979, and it took two years after that for them to realize that they should train the staff so they know something about what they're selling. And I got cut back to eight hours a week because they opened up a new store in Fresno (now we have four stores to serve a metro population of around 750,000) and business at my store is less than half what it was. Now, if business dropped after the Lowe's that's currently under construction opens up and I got cut to 8 hours, I'd still be mad but I would understand. But to lose that many hours (I'd been getting 25-35 a week) because of poor corporate planning?

Mare

Oz said:
FUCKING TOOTHACHE!!

Bloody typical............the one day that I have to go into the city and sort some stuff out.............the old gnashers start aching like a motherluvver! :cuss:

Where's me pliers?...........I'll sort these bleedin' teeth one way or another
I feel ur pain-got one myself :crying4:

Aunty Em

paul_valaru said:
crap, feeling dumber by the minute

what is a cheque card?
Otherwise known as a debit card... basically the same card you use to withdraw money through a cashpoint from your bank account...

... and I do believe they have just started getting them over here in the UK or are planning to... I can't remember which I read about...

AlphaTroll

Debit cards are only linked to a current (cheque) account. It has the same convenience aspects of credit cards, but without the hassle of owing the bank money and no accounts to pay off, as the funds are directly debited to your account. The debits will usually only go off your account after a period of about 48 working hours, so it is up to you to ensure that there is always funds in your account to cover any transactions that might still be pending as you will pay debit interest if your account is overdrawn to cover the debits. The debit card's main aim is to replace cheques as a method of payment at a till point, you don't require authorisation from store management and you don't need all the ID checks etc. It's also cheaper in terms of cost per transaction. And if you go overseas you can use funds directly from your debit card (just like a credit card) instead of having to carry TC's.

MuFu

Aunty Em said:
How did it get there... or shouldn't I ask... :lol:

I threw a spoon into a bowl which was full of porridge and an 8ft long plume of porridge sprayed out and hit the ceiling of my friend's bedroom.

Oz

Grr.......gotta go to the dentist a week tomorrow........I was only there six weeks ago :cuss:

I hope its the same dentist I saw last time..........I'll wring his bloody neck for not doing his job properly :evilcool:

On the plus side........town was pretty good, bought some of those bell covered chains that indian belly dancers wear :) (don't know why I bought them..........but they sure to be usefull one day).

Inkara1

Most debit cards in the US these days have either the Visa or Mastercard logo, so they can be used anywhere one of those two credit card can be used. The most common one is called the Visa Check Card.

It's actually cheaper for the consumer to use it as "credit" instead of as "debit." Most places tack on a surcharge of 50¢ to 99¢ for a debit transaction, but don't do so for credit. In addition to that, if you use it as debit, the STAR System will tack on an extra 25¢ fee of its own (at least it did when I was with Cal Fed, which Citibank bought out). What really sucked about that is one time, Brandi used the card as debit at McDonald's, and it sent the account into negative numbers. So, I got charged $22 for the overdraft of $16-something... and got charged another $22 for the separate overdraft of 25¢.

freako104

Oz said:
Grr.......gotta go to the dentist a week tomorrow........I was only there six weeks ago :cuss:

I hope its the same dentist I saw last time..........I'll wring his bloody neck for not doing his job properly :evilcool:

On the plus side........town was pretty good, bought some of those bell covered chains that indian belly dancers wear :) (don't know why I bought them..........but they sure to be usefull one day).

he was ;) hes making more $$ by you coming back. thats his job. thats everyones job. make more money

Oz

freako104 said:
he was ;) hes making more $$ by you coming back. thats his job. thats everyones job. make more money

I don't pay for me dental care.......but it wouldn't surprise me (certainly no shortage of dentists fiddling the NHS)

I hope he's fiddled plenty...........'cos if the old chompers ain't fixed this time he'll never hold a drill again ;)

AlphaTroll

Oz said:

I have one of those chains too! :D They do come in handy (well, they do for me anyway). I guess anything could come in handy for me, after all I DO go shopping wearing a tiara and my fairy princess glasses and wand.....with pink and blue streaks in my hair :shrug:

Oh & I have a vent today - opened the bathroom door over my foot this morning & just about ripped the nail off my middle toe (it's come off in the middle with the sides still attached) - doesn't want to stop bleeding and it's throbbing like something awful :eh:

Aunty Em

AlphaTroll said:
Oh & I have a vent today - opened the bathroom door over my foot this morning & just about ripped the nail off my middle toe (it's come off in the middle with the sides still attached) - doesn't want to stop bleeding and it's throbbing like something awful :eh:

Awwwwwww... I can FEEL the pain! :(