God, I love this heatsink!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
37 degrees at full load. Around 0 outside (but due to the duct not going all the way outside it's also drawing some air from inside the house, where it's 20-22 or so)

:beerbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
No, 70+. Even bigger drop.

If 18F is -7C though, there's still some concerns to be worked out... if my calculations are correct, that's a whole 37°C difference between air temp and CPU temp. Most people get around 20. I'm thinking, either I still didn't get the sink seated right, or the air is getting heated up along the way (part of it is sitting on top of my monitor).

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. :beerbang:

I wanna see that sucker at 25 at the most! :beerbang:

I've gotta make up for all that time it was at 75.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
You wanna try something?

Turn your computer off for a couple hours, Then reseat your heatsink. Turn it back on and start a burn program, see what your temps get. If its like mine, they'll be great for awhile, but after an hour or two, they'll start to rise, I attribute it to the weight of the heatsink, and the grease.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I got it overclocked from 1533 to 1800. Still only 34 degrees. :beerbang:

Wonder if I can overclock it even more... but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
More noises. New noises...

Well, not new, but noises that it doesn't usually make when running. Usually when shutting off

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to, but then I changed my mind. I already have the essentials backed up just in case. Besides, it's not making the noises anymore this morning...