Grammy Awards

Lopan

You're right it is. I have a hangover so mistakes are likely. I don't see whats odd about saying sartorial elegance? Its a common phrase :finger:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Among the Vespa crowd, maybe.

My crowd rode these
10159464.jpg

or
chopper.jpg

Lopan

Who said I'm a mod? Is this the same as "if your not a republican,moral,fundamentalist christian etc, then you must be a liberal"

There are more than 2 types of people and not everyone who listens to The Who is a mod, just an appreciator of decent music.

chcr

Too cute for words
Lopan said:
:gun3:

People who say sartorial elegance can read, that might be frowned upon where your from. Its encouraged where I live.
:lol2:

BTW, there are still people in the US (as I'm sure there are in the UK) who wear mullets, but most of us laugh at them.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You almost had it. The proper wording; If you're not a conservative, you are a liberal.

People who listen to heavy metal must wear tight panst & have mullets is how you took this thread so I was forced to assume those who listen to the Who must be Mods. Fair assumption, based on your rules.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Gonz said:
Kids in mullets & tight jeans, listening to Fastway will kick the crap out of kids in mod apparel, listening to the Who & riding Vespa's anyday.

It wasn't the digital age that killed the radio star ;)
OHMYGOD I'm so old I'd forgotten about mods. :eek:

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
You almost had it. The proper wording; If you're not a conservative, you are a liberal.

People who listen to heavy metal must wear tight panst & have mullets is how you took this thread so I was forced to assume those who listen to the Who must be Mods. Fair assumption, based on your rules.
Funny, it always seems to me that it's "if you disagree with Gonz in any way." :la:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I most definately had the look to match my metal tastes back in the day, and maybe a few years beyond. I was metal befire it was acceptable, during its heyday, and afterward. I still boast a mind boggling CD collection, 95% hard rock, and proud of it. I'll take Fastway or Faster Pussycat or Rhino Bucket or the like any day over the other crap that was force fed to the music fan of the day. So sue me. :finger:

Luis, my earlier comparison was simply a list of the LA based bands who are no longer with us, or who if they are with us had a hiatus in which they did not regularly release albums. W.A.S.P. is the only LA metal/rock band of the 80s explosion to never go away, and is still releasing albums on a regular basis. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lopan

Gonz said:

Kids in mullets & tight jeans, listening to Fastway will kick the crap out of kids in mod apparel, listening to the Who & riding Vespa's anyday.

Your rules and assumptions, not mine.

Seriously though lets make a comparison.

motley.jpg

Bunch of sappy weirdos in leather trousers, sporting 80's weather girl hair or....

2.jpg

Men dressed like men, with proper haircuts. Leather only being sported on the chelsea boots or Brogues.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Music tastes vary, always have and always will. I love The Who, and love the Crue as well. Different styles for different eras and different moods. I been known to go from Pantera to Grandpa Jones in five minutes or less.

Support your local house band...they need the rent money anyway.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Lopan said:
Your rules and assumptions, not mine.
Lopan said:
Luis G said:
Hey, I like GNR, Poison, Mötley Crüe, Skid Row, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Nirvana, The Cure, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Megadeth and Pantera.

Did I forget one? :D :D

Most of my CDs are from those groups, and I regularly listen to them.

You do realise its 2005, not 1985. Mullets and tight jeans are not acceptable. The cold war is over and Reagan isn't president anymore. :confused:

No...they're your rules

Lopan said:
Seriously though lets make a comparison.

motley.jpg

Bunch of sappy weirdos in leather trousers, sporting 80's weather girl hair or....

2.jpg

Men dressed like men, with proper haircuts. Leather only being sported on the chelsea boots or Brogues.

I was a part of the music scene that brought forth Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, et al. Successful musician & fan. The guys with no hair look like bankers, not entertainers.

Lopan

Gonz said:
No...they're your rules

Ok their my rules. I rule that I'm right and you like bands with androgenous members.

Infact I rule that I rule at all times and you don't.

I think therefore I rule. :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gonz said:
I was a part of the music scene that brought forth Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, et al. Successful musician & fan. The guys with no hair look like bankers, not entertainers.

That's my beef too. Part of it was that they didn't look like some homeless bum dressed in Salvation Army discards. Escapism is not a bad thing.

Why does every white male singer today try to sound like the wank from Green Day with a false British accent? :confused: GREEN DAY IS FROM BERKELEY, NOT BRIGHTON!!!! :)

ClaireBear

Banned
SouthernN'Proud said:
Why does every white male singer today try to sound like the wank from Green Day with a false British accent? :confused: GREEN DAY IS FROM BERKELEY, NOT BRIGHTON!!!! :)

Wait! GreenDay are trying to sound British? :eek:

They need to tour here more often...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Nah, it was cheaper to look like a sleazebag & wear last weeks dirty laundry

kuulani

my grammy rant ...

this is the first year that there was a category for Hawaiian music.

every group nominated for that category is extremely popular in Hawaii ... except for one group, and that group basically sucks here.

yup, guess who won. the sucky group.