Guardasil

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It quits working after 25?

No, they will not adminisitor it after you are 26...my understanding is it will keep working your whole life but it's not effective if administered after 26, they recommend getting it as young and possible (I believe the min age is 6)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No, they will not adminisitor it after you are 26...my understanding is it will keep working your whole life but it's not effective if administered after 26, they recommend getting it as young and possible (I believe the min age is 6)

That makes no sense. (you typed it ok, just the process)

tonksy

Wouldn't being more picky & saving the sore ass be better yet?

Being picky won't help. You can't tell by looking at someone. Besides, even if you are comitted and monogamous doesn't mean your partner has the same scruples.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Being picky won't help. You can't tell by looking at someone. Besides, even if you are comitted and monogamous doesn't mean your partner has the same scruples.

True. It does increase the odds, in your favor, though. Especially given the one strike rule

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Obviously not being a whore decreases your chances of getting ANY STD/STI...and decreasing ones chances of getting HPV by not being a whore effectively reduces ones chances of getting cervical cancer caused by HPV...BUT there's always a chance, and what the shot does is further DECREASES ones chances of getting cervical cancer caused by HPV should one happen to contract HPV.

In the end it decreases the chances of cervical cancer, end of story.

Inkara1

Fuck You

When you get a cervix you can have an opinion on whether or not the vaccine is worth getting.

That goes along with "you can only have an opinion on abortion if you're female." It's a major logical fallacy.

I've noticed that if someone says something you don't like in a way you don't like, you turn ultra-bitchy. You then try to "hit back" with some sort of knee-jerk response with an intent of shock value or trying to hurt the other individual.

Working in engineering, which, last I checked, is a male-dominated profession, you're likely to run into something similar at some point in your career. Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but someday it will happen. If your reaction then matches your reaction now, you might find yourself cleaning off your deak.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
That goes along with "you can only have an opinion on abortion if you're female." It's a major logical fallacy.

I've noticed that if someone says something you don't like in a way you don't like, you turn ultra-bitchy. You then try to "hit back" with some sort of knee-jerk response with an intent of shock value or trying to hurt the other individual.

Working in engineering, which, last I checked, is a male-dominated profession, you're likely to run into something similar at some point in your career. Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but someday it will happen. If your reaction then matches your reaction now, you might find yourself cleaning off your deak.

You see how I didn't say anything bitchy to Gonz, even though he is in a sense arguing against the shot as well? I simply stated why the vaccine is worth it (because it decreases the chances of cancer, even if ones chances are low without the shot getting the shot decreases the chances even further). If Winky wants to personally attack me then I'm gonna be a bitch to him. If someone told me I was "Clueless as usual" in a business setting I wouldn't respond to them at all, I'd speak to the appropriate people above me (HR if it was internal, my boss if it was a contractor that we deal with) and have the appropriate actions taken. Personal attacks are not an acceptable part of a discussion.

BlurOfSerenity

i'm going to get the vaccine! i actually put in my prescription for it... like... months ago, but target (where i get my rx's filled) keeps not getting it in! i'm going to go yell at them next time i go there.

thanks for the heads-up about it being a butt thing, though... that's not a fun surprise!

and i'm also of the mind that it's up to each individual to be vigilant about their own health. if i'm not slutting around, that doesnt mean that my husband isn't doing so clandestinely. i could just hope that because i'm commited to someone, that i have nothing to worry about... but get real. it happens, and most of the people it happens to never thought it could happen to them.
by getting the shot, i am not saying i want to be a slut. i am saying i want to stay alive, and do whatever i can to ensure i can do that.

and honestly, yeah, fuck you if you disagree. it would be awesome if guys having HPV could give them dick-cancer that would make them die. see if they didn't want a vaccine.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
ash said:
if i'm not slutting around, that doesnt mean that my husband isn't doing so clandestinely.

Pick better.

As a group, and as individuals, stop accepting this behavior. The men will follow if the women lead.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
and honestly, yeah, fuck you if you disagree. it would be awesome if guys having HPV could give them dick-cancer that would make them die. see if they didn't want a vaccine.

If it was a shot to prevent against prostate cancer I bet guys would be ALL over it, even if it only decreased the likely hood slightly.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Pick better.

As a group, and as individuals, stop accepting this behavior. The men will follow if the women lead.

The only way you can really "stop accepting" the behaviour is to dump the guy if you find out he's cheating...while I (and I believe Ash) would take this approach if we were to be cheated on not all women do and until/unless we can control all women and what causes them to dump their men we need to cover our bases.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I should add that I don't think all men are scum and if a man appears to have all of the good qualities and nothing has ever happened to suggest he's scum I would give him the benefit of the doubt...but what it comes down to is this...shit happens, people aren't always what they seem, if you can decrease the chances of getting cancer with a few injections then there really isn't any reason not to. God willing none of us here would get cervical cancer even if we didn't get the shots but it's extra piece of mind without any real "cost" (other than a few hundred bucks)...