Had to work on my jeep today

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
It's not full proof... but is it fool proof?

Indeed

See the msot determined of people will over come any obstacle in their way...and if the obstacle is extremely difficult to overcome they'll likely cause damage in their quest to overcome it...so the smart thing to do it provide a deterant and then only the most determined of the determined will find a way around it...but they should beable to do it without causing damage.

Inkara1

Then you get guys like me who know a few things about plumbing, wiring, etc. and who is willing to do some basic stuff to avoid a bitch call to the landlord... like, say, taking off the mesh screen and dumping all the little rocks into the trash.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Then you get guys like me who know a few things about plumbing, wiring, etc. and who is willing to do some basic stuff to avoid a bitch call to the landlord... like, say, taking off the mesh screen and dumping all the little rocks into the trash.

I've only ever found rocks once...it was at my old house...I was shocked, I didn't know rocks can through pipes.

Inkara1

I've seen plenty... I just checked the one in my bathroom and there are only a couple of very tine ones in there.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I took the one off in my bathroom the other day to put a "water saving" one on and there were none...I have to get pliars to get my mom's bathroom one off to put on the water saving one (her sink is less than a year old so I don't except to find any) and I also have to get pliars to get the downstairs bathromo one off to change.

Altron

Nixy said:
I believe he wants something a TAD newer than that. He wants to beable to work on it himself but I'm figuring he wants something new enough that he's not going to HAVE to work on it on a regular basis. Anyone who has 15k to spend on a car and goes and buys one for $1500 is whacked.

Yes, but Prof shows his love for the boat as often as I do. I think he's offered to buy it twice. The first time, his main deterrant was an overabundance of vehicles. That problem seems to be solved. The second time it was like "Where was your offer while I was driving through Jersey?"

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Altron said:
Yes, but Prof shows his love for the boat as often as I do. I think he's offered to buy it twice. The first time, his main deterrant was an overabundance of vehicles. That problem seems to be solved. The second time it was like "Where was your offer while I was driving through Jersey?"

Well the Jersey thing was cause he needed a ride home. I doubt he's gonna put his wife and kids in an 80 something wagon for daily driving.

Professur

Al ... I'd take it in a heartbeat .... but the missus wants something a bit .... smaller.

We're just back from several dealerships (which are all closed on the weekends. Who's brilliant idea was that?) and she saw a gold Impala. Love at first sight. If she can see over the dash .... I expect we'll be buying one within the week. Only thing was that it was a 2000. I just have to track down a 2004-2005, still within warranty, and less that 500km from Mtl. with the split bench in gold and we're there.

Altron

Professur said:
Al ... I'd take it in a heartbeat .... but the missus wants something a bit .... smaller.

We're just back from several dealerships (which are all closed on the weekends. Who's brilliant idea was that?) and she saw a gold Impala. Love at first sight. If she can see over the dash .... I expect we'll be buying one within the week. Only thing was that it was a 2000. I just have to track down a 2004-2005, still within warranty, and less that 500km from Mtl. with the split bench in gold and we're there.

Ewww, don't get a 2004-2005 Impala. Get either a 94-96 Impala SS (350ci)or a 06 Impala SS (325ci). Do you really want some wimpy ass little six banger?

Sawhney89

0-60 mph : 6.8 sec

How much faster do you need when your gonna possibly using that car to pick up soccer kids? At least it gets decent gas mileage.

Altron

06 Impala SS is kinda expensive, and FWD,, but the 94-96 is so BADASS. I did some research, and it's pretty much an upgraded Caprice police interceptor.

Sawhney89

Repairs can be a bitch, esp. with newer cars. Your prob. better off paying a little bit more to get the warranty. However if you buy the boat you can save some money cuz repairs won’t be to heavy on the wallet. Except you’ll have to pay $$$$$$$ in gas.

Inkara1

I hit up eBay to look at some 2000-2005 Impalas... and God damn, that's the ugliest steering wheel I've ever seen in my whole life.

tonksy

Rob's car has a pretty steering wheel, oddly enough it was one of the things that I initially liked about it. It matches the dash of my side...kinda purply.