Hair

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK, I have an appointment to get my hair done tomorrow afternoon...I wanna do something FAIRLY drastic. I don't wanna go above my shoulders as I like being able to pull my hair into a ponytail. Right now I just have TO MUCH hair though...I am trying to find some pics online about what I could do with it but it's tedious work and also I need someone who is gonna be 100% honest with me about whether they think it would look good (because I want something *I* am going to like that other people are not gonna think look stupid)...So, I thought..."Who do I know who has wonderful searching skills and is brutally honest?" and I thought of ya'll! So, here is a pic of me I just took so you have an idea of what you're working with...and GO! FIND ME A NEW HAIRSTYLE! :D

tonksy

I like this. The gradual layering of the edges will slim a more rounder face, plus it looks like it would be easy to deal with.

FluerVanderloo

You could leave it that length and have long layers cut in. It really makes a huge difference in the weight and versatility of your hair.

unclehobart

I gave up bangs at like 8. They were the perennial force favorite of the grandparents when they took us to 'Shakey Pete the Barber'. I had little say in the matter.

greenfreak

Finally! Someone who I can impart oval-face wisdom to!

You and I have the same oval/round face type. A layered haircut that naturally curves in towards your face and a little bit of height at the top makes your face look longer and thinner.

I also used to always wear my hair in a ponytail, drawn back from my face. I find it much more flattering now when I leave my hair down and it's cut properly. But my hair barely touches my shoulders when it's cut.

If you have layers, you might need little clips to keep the shorter sides back (a good reason to go to the beauty store and pick out cute clips that match your outfit) ;) If you get long layers that start past your jawline, that might not be a problem.

I wouldn't automatically rule out bangs. I have very thin bangs that do not bother me, even if they get too long, and it helps frame my face and again, make it look longer than rounder. And if you do wear a ponytail, it looks cute.

Your hair looks pretty thick so keep in mind that if you do get layers, it's going to lighten the weight. Which means hair flipping under or hair flipping out.

Good luck Nixy, and be sure to post pictures after.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
greenfreak said:
Finally! Someone who I can impart oval-face wisdom to!

You and I have the same oval/round face type. A layered haircut that naturally curves in towards your face and a little bit of height at the top makes your face look longer and thinner.

I also used to always wear my hair in a ponytail, drawn back from my face. I find it much more flattering now when I leave my hair down and it's cut properly. But my hair barely touches my shoulders when it's cut.

If you have layers, you might need little clips to keep the shorter sides back (a good reason to go to the beauty store and pick out cute clips that match your outfit) ;) If you get long layers that start past your jawline, that might not be a problem.

I wouldn't automatically rule out bangs. I have very thin bangs that do not bother me, even if they get too long, and it helps frame my face and again, make it look longer than rounder. And if you do wear a ponytail, it looks cute.

Your hair looks pretty thick so keep in mind that if you do get layers, it's going to lighten the weight. Which means hair flipping under or hair flipping out.

Good luck Nixy, and be sure to post pictures after.

Thanks Greenie! I like hair clippies so that isn't a problem for me :)

Also, I am looking forward to the lighter weight of my hair, it's ok for it to be a bit flippy, I don't mind :)

Thanks for the face shape advice! I was worried about the cut matching my face shape...it's hard to find pics of people with oval faces...Mandy Moore seems kinda close-ish though. Thanks so much again! I'll post pics tomorrow night!

greenfreak

What do you think of this (but longer):

Long4.JPG

Although my hair never looks that good, that's the cut I have. But my part is in the middle.

Then there's this:

Brandi.jpg

This is what I mean about the difference between flipping under or flipping out.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I think I'm set on bangs now, I'm excited.

I want people to go "WHOA!" then when they recover I want them to be like "I Like it"